Re: Painting walls on 2nd floor makes windows disappear

by crinrict

Original Post

Painting walls on 2nd floor makes windows disappear

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but 3 stuff packs (Bowling Night, Luxury Party, and Vintage Glamour)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I was trying to paint the upstairs to a house I built on because my sim was pregnant. I was customizing what the room looked like and, when I went to paint the wall, all of the windows in the room disappeared off the wall. I tried to place new windows and it says the slot is taken and only one window can be placed, which means the window is still there but not shown and the light is not coming through the window. You could try to do that.
What happens when the bug occurs? The windows disappear when paint is applied to the wall
What do you expect to see? The windows where they were placed and paint on the walls.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I never had an issues after installing the mods I have on. This issue has started today and I've had the mods updated. I was building on to an existing house because my sim was pregnant and the house was only a one story home. I placed the walls, the stairs, where I wanted the rooms, and everything was working out just fine. I place the windows and doors and like what I've been able to do so I go to paint the room. As soon as I click to paint the wall, the windows and lighting from the windows disappear. That's odd. I try to place new windows down and it shows that only one window can be placed. The windows are still there. They are just invisible. I try on the first floor and have no issues painting downstairs; just the second floor. I don't know what to do at this point. I don't want to think I broke my game because I love playing it and it helps me relax. Please help me fix this so I can go back to playing it and relaxing.

Message 1 of 6 (980 Views)

Hero
@megabytespermin Did you also test this on a completely vanilla game ?

Does it also happen if you add a third floor ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (963 Views)

Hero
@megabytespermin Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (944 Views)

Hero
@megabytespermin Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (928 Views)

Hero
@crinrict Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (928 Views)

★ Novice

I am having that problem now as well. I never had this issue before now. When looking it up online, I seen it has happened before in the past, all the way back to 2014. So I take it this is a recurring issue that they need to fixed. The last known patch for this was back in 2016. Hopefully they get a new patch for it so it wont happen again. I cant even see the windows when I look on the outside of the house. 

Message 6 of 6 (657 Views)