Packs don’t show up in game

by jaqsre

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Packs don’t show up in game

★★ Novice

I’ve reinstalled the entire game and the packs are installed. They still won’t show up and only about 1/4 of my packs are working. What can I do?

Message 1 of 11 (43,846 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Packs don’t show up in game

@jaqsre  Okay, so Origin thinks everything is fine even though it's not.  Please try clearing Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and repairing the game: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  Then load a save, go to Manage Worlds, and see whether the worlds from the missing packs (for example San Myshuno or Britechester) are available.

If those worlds don't show up, and you're playing the game through Steam, stop here and let me know.  Otherwise, try deleting the folder for one of the missing packs.  Let's try City Living (folder EP03: City Living was the third expansion released): with Origin closed, drag the folder to the trash, then open Origin and download it again.  Then load a save and see whether San Myshuno is available in Manage Worlds.  If it's not, quit the game, then start a new save and test again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (43,674 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey there @jaqsre,

Which packs specifically aren't showing in-game for you? Are you using The Legacy edition of Sims 4 currently?

solaire.png

Message 2 of 11 (43,835 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m not playing Legacy, or at least I shouldn’t be. How do you check if it has switched? 

The packs not showing up are: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Discover University, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Perfect Patio, Backyard, Laundry Day, Moschino & maybe some kits, not entirely sure. 

Message 3 of 11 (43,780 Views)

@jaqsre  Do you own Sims 4 through Origin, Steam, or both; and if both, are the missing packs from one or both platforms?

To check whether you have the Legacy Edition installed, load the game to the Main Menu and look for a version number along the bottom of the screen or in the lower-right area.  If the version ends in .10x0 or .12x0, it's the standard version for Windows or macOS, respectively; .15x0 and .16x0 denote the Legacy Edition.

However, all the listed content you're missing should work in the LE except for Discover University and the kits.  So there's something else going on here.  If you don't own the content in both Origin and Steam, is it possible you're signed into the wrong account, as in, not the one that owns your missing packs?  If you sign into a secondary account, any packs that account doesn't own won't load even when they're already installed.

Message 4 of 11 (43,771 Views)

★★ Novice

Origin only! 

okay, thank you! it says my version is “1.87.40.1030” so i’m not sure what that means as it doesn’t seem to match what you were suggesting :/ 

No, i’m logged into the right account as i only have one of them! 

Message 5 of 11 (43,743 Views)

@jaqsre  I meant the last four digits, which in your case are .1030.  You're running the standard version.

Open your Origin game library, click on the Sims 4 icon, then (More > ) Expansion Packs, and go through the list looking at your missing packs.  Please let me know what the button says under each missing pack, for example Download or Buy Now.  Even if you've looked before, I'd like to know what it says right now.

Please also open the folder with the game's installed files and post a screenshot.  By default, it's here:

Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4

I'd like to know what's currently inside that folder.  You should see subfolders like Data, Delta, Game, Bin, etc.

Message 6 of 11 (43,737 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh okay!

All of the packs say "Installed" above the buttons and the buttons say "Details" and "Purchase as a gift".

Here's what the folder looks like:

fldr.png fldr2.png

Message 7 of 11 (43,695 Views)

@jaqsre  Okay, so Origin thinks everything is fine even though it's not.  Please try clearing Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and repairing the game: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  Then load a save, go to Manage Worlds, and see whether the worlds from the missing packs (for example San Myshuno or Britechester) are available.

If those worlds don't show up, and you're playing the game through Steam, stop here and let me know.  Otherwise, try deleting the folder for one of the missing packs.  Let's try City Living (folder EP03: City Living was the third expansion released): with Origin closed, drag the folder to the trash, then open Origin and download it again.  Then load a save and see whether San Myshuno is available in Manage Worlds.  If it's not, quit the game, then start a new save and test again.

Message 8 of 11 (43,675 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m sorry for late reply but THANK YOU!!! clearing the cache and repairing the game worked :D

Again i’m so thankful for your help! 

Message 9 of 11 (43,470 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi! I'm having the same problem and I am playing the game through Steam. Is there any way that I can fix this? Thank you! @puzzlezaddict 

Message 10 of 11 (37,527 Views)