Packs Will Not Redownload

by SvkiHael

Original Post

Packs Will Not Redownload

★ Novice

Hello! I deleted The Sims 4 Seasons and Parenthood because they had corrupted files. Now when I try to redownload them, they get to 8%, fail and say "Origin is not able to download The Sims™ 4 Seasons to D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\EP05\ClientFullBuild0.package_DiP_STAGED" Please help, I don't know what to do.

Message 1 of 7 (589 Views)

Re: Packs Will Not Redownload

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@SvkiHael
The only solution now is to uninstall in Origin - if it can be done the whole game. Clean the computer with the CCleaner program and download the whole game again.
http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-use-ccleaner-to-fix-pc-issues/
-http://www.wikihow.com/Use-CCleaner
Instead of manually uninstalling these two packs, you should fix the whole game in Origin. Well, but now it's too late.
Before uninstalling, move to the desktop Tray folder - This is your library. You will put it in a new game folder later. Unfortunately, I'm afraid you can not do the same with the saves folder - it's probably buggy.
I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 7 (579 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you . I will try that. Before I uninstalled the packs I did try repairing the whole game several times and that didn't work so I figured deleting was the only option. 

Message 3 of 7 (570 Views)

★ Novice

@kreatora

I tried doing what you said, and it was working until the game got to 76% and the error happened again. Any other ideas?

Now it says it cannot download to d:\program files(86x)\origin games\the sims 4\_installer\vc\vc2010sp1\redist\vcredist_x64.exe_dip_staged

However, in origin, my downloads are set to go to d:\program files(86x)\origin games

Message 4 of 7 (535 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@SvkiHael
I'm really sorry that it doesn't go as it should, but it looks like some path in Origin have mixed up when you had tried to download these packs first time. I should advise you to reinstall Origin, but I didn't think that files in Origin could be damaged also.
Well, unfortunately now you have to uninstall Origin and all what you have downloaded lately - because Origin installed it not where it should be.
Then and it is necessary - you have again clean your computer with CClener.
Then download Origin and install it.
http://origin.com/download
I hope that from that moment the rest of the installation will go normally as it should.
Message 5 of 7 (528 Views)

★ Novice

@kreatora This still isn't working for some reason. I'm beginning to think I'm just screwed. I'm attaching a photo of what it shows.

Message 6 of 7 (510 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@SvkiHael 
Go to Program Files (x86) / Origin Games and check what you have there. Check Program Files folder also. It looks like the game is stubbornly trying to install in the Program Files folder instead of the Program Files(x86) folder. If there are any leftovers of TS4 - uninstall everything manually. When you will download the game, do not let Origin choose the path , just set the download path itself. D:/Program Files(x86) /Origin Games If the computer will ask if it should create a new folder - let it

Message 7 of 7 (504 Views)