Re: [PS3] Sims 3 Pets - Can't Create a New Household with Custom Content (infinite import loop glitc

by grogger934

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PS3] Sims 3 Pets - Can't Create a New Household with Custom Content (infinite import loop glitch)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Okay! I really hope someone can help me out with this problem. I'm playing Sims 3 Pets on a PS3. This glitch does not appear to be on the Sims 3 but just Sims Pets 3, as per my knowledge.

----- All I am trying to do is create a new household with sims that I already created. Everything works out fine, but when (in the "create a household" section) I click on "import a sim/pet," it goes on an infinite loop of loading. It never loads, and after five hours I eventually shut it off.

Now, this could have something to do with EA's server no longer existing for Sims 3 Pets, but surely that shouldn't keep me from importing Sims that I myself created!? My game works perfectly in every other area (besides usual glitches that Sims fans have become accustomed to).

Is there any other way to import my Sims again? I mean, though I save customized Sims the only ones I can restart with are the original households, not any of the sims I create after that. So .. the saves becomes ghostly husks of dreams that once were.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this glitch or to bring my saved sims into another household?

Message 1 of 10 (3,131 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PS3] Sims 3 Pets - Can't Create a New Household with Custom Content (infinite import loop glitc

Community Manager

The online services for The Sims 3 Pets on Xbox 360 and PS3 are not available anymore.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (3,269 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

The online services for The Sims 3 Pets on Xbox 360 and PS3 are not available anymore.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 10 (3,270 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That doesn't make any sense ---- I should be able to load my own data that I made on my account, my user, my device. So, basically when EA pulled out no one can play with their own data anymore?

Message 3 of 10 (3,078 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It won't even let me use my own data in my studio?

Why wouldn't it just say server not available, but let me import my own sim?

OR ------------- How can I use my own Sim in a new household? How do I get the copy of him into the new household with the "import tab", which endlessly is glitced?

Message 4 of 10 (3,077 Views)

★★★ Newbie

and this isn't solved.

Message 5 of 10 (3,074 Views)

★★★ Newbie

AND it's been this way even when EA WAS supporting this title ....... soooo is this just a MAJOR error in the game itself, that you can NEVER use your own data?????

Message 6 of 10 (3,070 Views)

Hero

You can revoke the solution if it's not solved by using the options menu on the post and choose not the solution.

Can't help with console issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (3,064 Views)

Community Manager

As the online services are not available anymore anything you want to import from the exchange will not load anymore.

If you don't try to download from the exchange, deleting your Game Data Utility may help. Here is how you do that:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/369/~/remove-ps3-game-data-utility-files

spectre.png
Message 8 of 10 (3,055 Views)

Re: [PS3] Sims 3 Pets - Can't Create a New Household with Custom Content (infini

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I have the same problem where it loads on and on for hours where I turn it off. So maybe the machine needs cleaned out? I know they can get dusty, plus it could be just how old the system and game is.

Message 9 of 10 (2,095 Views)

Re: [PS3] Sims 3 Pets - Can't Create a New Household with Custom Content (infini

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Spectre Hi thank you for your attention to this issue and all the help you provide to us console users and everyone else.

I am having the same problem as mentioned above and the link you posted does not lead anywhere. 

I think maybe you have misunderstood us and also the title is a bit misleading.. We are not trying to download anything from online, we are trying to import a sim from our studio. A sim that we have made ourselves and saved ourselves to our own studio. no custom content (because as i'm sure you know consoles don't have access to sims cc) and no exchange involved.

I know that the online gallery aspect of sims 3 for consoles has been closed but it seems like a big issues to not have access to our own data? Looking at my own library is not an online feature.

Is there anything that can be done? do you have any recommendations of who I should reach out too?

@grogger934 maybe you can revoke the solution or I can start a new thread?

@crinrict is there anything you can suggest as far as someone to reach out to? 

Message 10 of 10 (2,020 Views)