Re: Please Help: I cannot connect to the Exchange on "The Sims 3: Pets"

by KarleeHannah

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PS3] Please Help: I cannot connect to the Exchange on "The Sims 3: Pets"

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

So, I got my Sims 3 Pets for Christmas and Since then I have lost my manual; Therefore I can't get the serial code,

But I started playing and I wanted to try out this "Exchange" thing but It said "Cannot connect to the EA servers at this time; Please try again later."

I have kept trying on and off for a month and I downloaded the online pass on my PS3, I also have my PSN linked to EA/Origin account.

Some people said it was because they didn't have the disk. I have the disk. The instructions on the page for my online pass says:

"To activate your online pass select the "Connect to EA"("Triangle") button at the start of your game and follow the onscreen instructions to enter the serial code printed above." 

I couldn't do that for some reason. It just said "Can't connect to EA". I seriously need some help with this.

Message 1 of 14 (15,147 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice
Online services for the sims 3 pets on ps3 and xbox 360, including the exchange have been shut down by EA. Therefore, you cannot connect to EA and access the exchange anymore. Sorry. I was really upset when I found this out as well.

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (17,065 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
Online services for the sims 3 pets on ps3 and xbox 360, including the exchange have been shut down by EA. Therefore, you cannot connect to EA and access the exchange anymore. Sorry. I was really upset when I found this out as well.
Message 2 of 14 (17,066 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for letting me know. I didn't know this and I was looking all over the internet. Not the happiest answer, but, at least it answered my question Standard smile

Message 3 of 14 (15,102 Views)

Re: [PS3] Please Help: I cannot connect to the Exchange on "The Sims 3: Pets"

★★ Novice
So how do i do the challenge to give my pet to a friend
Message 4 of 14 (15,064 Views)

Re: Please Help: I cannot connect to the Exchange on "The Sims 3: Pets&quot

★★★ Newbie
Any idea why they shut it down
Message 5 of 14 (14,198 Views)

Re: Please Help: I cannot connect to the Exchange on "The Sims 3: Pets&

Hero (Retired)

this is all i found out about it with a search

The Online Pass was discontinued, you should be able to either play your game without or you should be able to download the Online Pass for free from the PlayStation Store.

Read more about that here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/online-pass-has-been-discontinued/

Message 6 of 14 (14,192 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Confusedmileymad: That really sucks i love the game and i was really looking forward to finding out..... wish they never dont really dissapointing 

Spoiler
:robotsurprised: :mansurprised: :manmad:

@KarleeHannah wrote:
Message 7 of 14 (13,115 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

my sister can access the exchange on her Xbox
so nice try <removed profane language>

Message 8 of 14 (9,164 Views)

★ Novice
Is this the same for the Sims 3?
Message 9 of 14 (2,881 Views)

@XTheEpicWarriorX  If you play on console, then yes, the answer is the same, although it took several more years for EA to shut down the last servers.  Here's the announcement from last year:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/940649/service-update-online-services-for-the-sims-3-on-...

For the PC version, however, the Store and Exchange are still very much active.  If you're having trouble connecting or logging in, please let us know so we can try to help.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 10 of 14 (2,872 Views)