4 weeks ago
This is a super old thread, as it’s now September of 2019. My gf wanted to play some old PS3 and pulled out sims 3 and had this same problem. We struggled for over an hour but I’d like to post how we fixed it in case anyone is still having this issue. We tried a lot of the individual fixes we could find and none seemed to work until we tried EVERYTHING at once. Here’s what we did, should be able to do all quickly and be up and running. We’re not sure what ultimately fixed the problem so try all of these.
1.Clean the disk
2. Uninstall all game data, there should be 2 files.
3. Goto internet browser > triangle options > tools > clear cache, clear cookies, clear browser history.
4.Reset your wireless router and modem
5. Run a connection test from ps3
6. From the XMB menu triangle over Sims 3 and manually check for updates, it should install an update at this time.
7. Restart ps3 console then load game
8. Lets files install and hopefully finally be able to enjoy.
Only by doing all these things in conjunction were we able to get our game to start. Good luck. 😊
4 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
If the issue persists, confirm the Disc is clean. To clean a Disc, use lint-free cleaning cloths made specifically for cleaning CD/DVD Discs, sold at computer software stores. When cleaning the Disc, we recommend starting from the innermost circle, and wiping out to the edge in a straight line.