[MOD RELATED] Can't buy cows, seeds, or chickens???

by pixelplagues

Original Post

Re: Game does not recognize when I buy animals and seeds, and other issues relat

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Sailor_Gaia741 It's safe to delete the localthumbcache.package file. Your game will auto-generate a new one the next time you launch it. It's a good practice to delete that file any time you make changes to your mods folder.

Message 41 of 52 (779 Views)

Re: Game does not recognize when I buy animals and seeds, and other issues relat

Hero
@Sailor_Gaia741 Does it work without the mod ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 52 (764 Views)

Re: Can't buy cows, seeds, or chickens???

★ Novice

Sorry, I'm new to Simming. Where do you place the UI mod when you remove it from the mods folder? Forgive me, completely new to all of this. They should have really planned for that mod being in everyone's game before they released it.

Message 43 of 52 (790 Views)

Can't get chickens or cow in Sims 4

★ Novice

So I got Cottage Living a couple days ago and enjoyed building with everything but then I tried to get my Sim to buy chickens and a cow, nothing happened. No animals appeared and there is enough money. I looked at my UI extension mod but it is the newest mod and in its own folder not in the Mods folder so I have no idea what is going on. As much as I love the expansion this is ridiculous. They said they fixed a bug but it had nothing to do with that bug, and they updated Origin but nothing. Someone tell me what the problem is please.

Message 44 of 52 (802 Views)

@teslascoil89  Just put the mod on your desktop, or trash it; it doesn't really matter as long as it's not in Mods.

EA is not responsible for how people use mods or for making patches compatible with existing mods, no matter how popular they are.  It's the modders' responsibility to ensure their content is compatible with the game, and it's on the players to keep mods updated or remove them when broken.  Besides, the only way to keep mods from breaking would be to never change any features that those mods affect, which would basically mean no new gameplay content.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 45 of 52 (793 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, I started investigating and I disabled my CC (even though I had some great stuff Frown ). That fixed it. And I found my IT guy when I got the game had downloaded UI Extension and put it in its own folder by itself. Yes, I understand, I figured it was the mod makers.

Message 46 of 52 (830 Views)

I can’t buy a cow, or llama

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I downloaded the cottage living pack when it got released and I can do everything apart from but a cow or llama, it doesn’t give me the option to buy one just says it’s clean

Message 47 of 52 (834 Views)

CANT PURCHASE COWS OR LLAMAS

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? the newest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get Famous, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Parenthood,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Its part of the Cottage Living pack
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't get cows or llamas in the game, when i go to click their barn I have never been able to get the option to purchase them.
What do you expect to see? The option to purchase cows and llamas
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I really hope you can fix this issue as i paid a lot of money for them. 

Kind Regards 

Jaymee Mora

Message 48 of 52 (832 Views)

Re: No chickens after purchasing ?

★★★ Novice

I'll be really frustrated if it's mods, besides cc I only have WW and MCCC which are both up to date post-cottage living!

Message 49 of 52 (803 Views)

Re: CANT PURCHASE COWS OR LLAMAS

[ Edited ]
Hero

@JaymeeMora248 Merged your thread with the main one.

Please try without mods installed.

@joykymberlee Also merged your post. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 50 of 52 (801 Views)