Re: PLZZZ HELP SIMS 3 GAME WONT LOAD PAST INTERACTIVE SCREEN!!!???

by juice_XD_XD

Original Post

PLZZZ HELP SIMS 3 GAME WONT LOAD PAST INTERACTIVE SCREEN!!!???

★★★★★ Newbie

PLZZZZZ HELP?!?!?!!?   Devil Devil Devil

I recently updated my sims 3 game (I have expansion packs if that helps with anything)

after I updated it I was able to play and fully load the game 1 time now I have tried at least 5 times and it wont load past the *interactive loading screen*

it loads pretty fast until it reaches maybe a centimeter away from the end and it freezes and wont load anymore.

(the game works I am able to get life points after the screen is stuck)

I have tried everything I can think of (repairing the game in origin, reinstalling, resetting game files) but nothing seems to work??!!

BTW this is the forum I used for resetting my game files.  http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/522486.page

also I do not have the *into the future* expansion pack because have heard there where problems with it

plz help  idk if it is the game, update, origin or something else ?

Message 1 of 7 (1,870 Views)

Hero (Retired)

do you have mods/cc ? if not then try the following

try turning the interactive screen off in your options.ini file change the 1 to 0 (zero)

electronicsarts/thesims3/ options.ini

Message 2 of 7 (1,862 Views)

★★★ Novice
@rumbutter It still doesn't work. I have the same issue
Message 3 of 7 (1,436 Views)

@janecemartial  Please describe what's happening in your game in more detail.  Please also test a new save, just to see whether it loads properly or not.  Let me know either way.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 7 (1,415 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issue. I press play on my save and the interactive screen loads fine, until the end and then it just exits everything. I have cc but prior to this issue I had only made one change to my folder and once this started I undid it. My other save has been loading fine with and without the interactive screen, and with and without that cc. But that initial one still doesn’t load, regardless of any changes. Could it be an issue within the save?

Message 5 of 7 (1,275 Views)

@juice_XD_XD  Yes, it could be a problem with the save.  Try to load a backup version of this save instead.  Even if you never made one, the game itself keeps the files from the second to last time you saved.  Go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves, and you'll see a folder with your save name, and another folder with the same name and a .backup extension.  So if your save is SunsetValley, you'll see SunsetValley.sims3 and SunsetValley.sims3.backup.  Change the name and delete the .backup extension, and you'll be able to load it from the Main Menu.

If the backup save does load all the way, it's a good idea to immediately use "save as" to rename the save to something else, so the original backup remains intact while you play forward under a new name.  That way, you'll still have a backup if something goes wrong again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 7 (1,264 Views)

★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Thank you! So much for your answer and for being so quick, my save was able to load just fine after doing what you advised.  Have a great day!

Message 7 of 7 (1,210 Views)