[FAQ] Unable to Start: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video Card in this

by crinrict

Original Post

[FAQ] Unable to Start: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video Card in this

[ Edited ]
Hero

Introduction

There are two error messages related to video cards for Sims 4 PC.

The cause and solution are different for both and the game also behaves differently. Please check the post that refers to your error message

Information Needed

To properly add all cards to the database, it can be very helpful if you post your Vendor ID and Device ID in this thread, even if you know how to add the line yourself and don't need help with it.

So, if you find your card missing from the list, please post them in this thread. All instructions can be found in the second issue below.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 3 (34,293 Views)

Unable to Start: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video Card in this System

[ Edited ]
Hero

Problem

You will get this message on trying to start the game. The game will not start if you click ok.

UnableToStart.png

Cause

The exact cause of this message is unclear.

Solution

please try the following things

1. See if it starts in windowed mode
  2. Turn off Origin In Game
  3. If you have a dual graphics system, make sure the game runs on the card and not the chip
  4. Uninstall and reinstall your graphics drivers
  5. Rollback to earlier graphics drivers
  6. Right click on the game in Origin and press repair game

Test after each step

You can also check if your card is recognized by the system properly as described for the other error message. This message often appears for cards that were previously running fine so it's unclear if it will help though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (34,222 Views)

Unrecognized Video Card: Your video Card was not found in our Database

[ Edited ]
Hero

Problem

When starting the game, the game will start but then display the following warning. Clicking ok lets you play the game but it might be slow or show other symptoms of bad performance.

UnrecognizedVideoCard.jpg

Cause

This issue often occurs for newer video cards. The game has a file that has knowledge of most common graphics cards but all cards need to be added to the file to be recognized properly.

You can find the content of the current list here: List of Graphics Cards by Phantomlover1717

If you can't find your card on that list, then EA/Maxis needs to add it first.

For more information and help with this issue, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Unrecognized-video-card/m-p/9507008

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (34,216 Views)