Re: Unrecognized Video Card: Your video Card was not found in our Database

by annieoath

Original Post

★ Novice

Hi, 

Have just bought a new laptop & I have the message which flags up on sims 4 main menu to say graphics is not supported. Found is 0 and supported is 1. 

The graphics card isn't on the list. I've followed all the other instructions wrll enough to find that out but no idea what I'm doing with the resolution or level value. 

The graphics card is nvidia geforce gtx 1650 

Any help? @Bluebellflora @crinrict 

Message 201 of 284 (682 Views)

@cherripop  Please go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, open the file labeled config.log, copy the lines between "Graphics device info" (about 25 lines down) and "Options" (about 40 lines down), and paste it into a reply.  You don't need to include anything after "Options."

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 202 of 284 (667 Views)

Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. Please check that the v

★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone!

I have a MacBook Air Standard smile

Yesterday I’ve downloaded Eco Lifestyle and  I’ve played a bit with it

This morning I tried to open the Sims and this happened: “Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. Please check that the video card meets the minimum specifications and that the latest video drivers are installed.

[oe61221:1df4e8dc:0000000]”

I saw that many people had this same problem, can you help me to solve it, please?

Message 203 of 284 (689 Views)

Re: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. Please check that t

Hero
@Valess96 Do you know what card you have ?

Could you please provide your specs as described here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Please also upload the config.log file found in documents.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 204 of 284 (647 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you for this info!

my video card is not recognized and not listed. Device ID 8A56 Subsystem ID 1028

Message 205 of 284 (619 Views)

@annieoath  From your device ID, it sounds like you have an Intel Graphics G1 chip.  It's easy enough to add the chip to Sims 4's database.

You're going to edit a file called graphicscards.sgr, which is in the game's program files.  Unless you changed the default install location in Origin, the full file path will be:

Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin

Open graphicscards.sgr with Notepad, search for 5927, and you'll see these lines:

card 0x5926 "Intel (R) HD 640" $cardLevelMedium $resolutionMedium
card 0x3ea6 "Intel (R) HD 645" $cardLevelMedium $resolutionMedium
card 0x5927 "Intel (R) HD 650" $cardLevelMedium $resolutionMedium

Create a line under the one with 5927, and add this:

card 0x8a56 "Intel Iris Plus Graphics G1" $cardLevelMedium $resolutionMedium

Save, quit, load the game, quit, and check config.log again.  You should see a [Found: 1, Supported: 1] next to the card name.  Let me know if it doesn't work.

Message 206 of 284 (591 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

This problem appeared to me yesterday after I deleted the Sims 4 file in order to generate a new folder. Until now my video card was recognized. I don't know what happened now. 

I have Intel (R) HD Graphics 620.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5916&SUBSYS_832A103C&REV_02\3&11583659&1&10

Message 207 of 284 (546 Views)

[ Edited ]

@cassieb95  Your card was probably unrecognized the whole time, it's just that you didn't get a notification after the first time you launched the game.  But when you refresh the user data folder, that refreshes the file that says you've seen the notification, so you get it again.

At any rate, this is easy to fix.  You just need to tweak graphicscards.sgr, which is located within the game's program files.  Unless you changed the default install location in Origin, the full file path will be:

Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin

Open graphicscards.sgr (Notepad works fine), and crtl-F to search for 5917, which will take you to these lines:

card 0x87C0 "Intel (R) UHD 617" $cardLevelMedium $resolutionMedium
card 0x5917 "Intel (R) UHD 620" $cardLevelMedium $resolutionMedium
card 0x3EA0 "Intel (R) UHD 620" $cardLevelMedium $resolutionMedium

Change the bolded 5917 to 5916 (the device ID of your card), save, quit, and the card should be recognized.  To check whether it is in fact recognized, you can open config.log (in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4) and look for the card name, which is about 25 lines down and right under "Graphics device info"; you should see a [Found: 1, Supported: 1] next to the name.

By the way, your dxdiag lists a number of significant errors related to the driver for your graphics chip.  I'm not sure whether you can install a new driver directly from Intel, but it's a good idea to try.  This is the newest stable driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29674/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=95443

If you can't run it because something about HP not approving the software, let me know.

Message 208 of 284 (500 Views)

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict thank you very much for the reply!

I did everything you said and now it says in the config file that it is supported. Thank you! Although, I have another problem that persists since the video card message popped up (now it doesn't show up!). The loading screen takes a long time to load, even when I remove the CC. I don't know if this has anything to do with the drivers. I automatically updated the drivers through the site you posted, but I don't know how to check if they have been truly updated.
Message 209 of 284 (465 Views)

@cassieb95  The driver version would be in a dxdiag, but it should also be in the config.log, under "driver" and a couple lines below the found and supported values.  You can compare that to the version number on the download page, although the numbers can look a bit different, for example one might have some extra zeroes in the middle.

For the loading screen, try moving your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything yet; just start a new save, play for a few minutes, save, and quit.  Then see how long it takes to reload that save.

If it's back to the normal interval, the issue is something in your old folder, and you can start adding back your content and testing to try to find out what.  If the game still takes a long time to load in the clean folder (be sure to test a few times), please run another dxdiag and upload it, so I can look for errors or other potential issues.

Message 210 of 284 (714 Views)