Original Post

Re: Unrecognized Video Card: Your video Card was not found in our Database

★★ Novice
@BethMark14 @crinrict
forgot to tag you before, sorry
Message 191 of 284 (504 Views)

[ Edited ]

@BethMark14  Please go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, open the file labeled config.log, copy the lines between "Graphics device info" (about 25 lines down) and "Options" (about 40 lines down), and paste them here.  It will be helpful to see all the info, not just that your card isn't in the database.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 192 of 284 (456 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  oddly enough it's working now despite saying found 0, supported 1

My brother told me to update drivers and I think I did it somehow and then my laptop restarted. Then I reopened Sims, set my graphics back to the high quality I was using before, restarted it to put the changes in place and then it works? Absolutely no clue why or what was wrong before. It is a new laptop. But it worked perfectly fine for two weeks then suddenly today decided not to work.

I'm not sure if the picture I attached is what you mean? 

Do you have any idea why it would suddenly not work despite working the first two weeks? I'm just curious what it was 

Thankyou

Message 193 of 284 (446 Views)

@BethMark14  Yes, that info is what I meant.  When a graphics card isn't in the database, what normally happens is that you get the unrecognized card message once, and then you don't see it again until something refreshes the data in options.ini, for example a game patch or a graphics driver update.  So your card was unrecognized this whole time, it's just that you haven't been getting the error.

If you want to get your card recognized, it's simple enough.  You'll just need to add your card to graphicscards.sgr, which is within the game's program files.  Unless you changed the default install location for Sims 4, the full path will be:

Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin

Open graphicscards.sgr (Notepad is fine), and crtl-F to search for 1c8d, which will take you to these lines:

card 0x1c8c "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti Mobile" $cardLevelUber $resolutionHigh
card 0x1c8d "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Mobile" $cardLevelUber $resolutionHigh
card 0x1D01 "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1030" $cardLevelHigh $resolutionHigh

Change the bolded 1c8d to 1c91, save, quit, launch the game, quit, and check config.log again.  You should now see a [Found: 1, Supported: 1] value next to your card's name.  Let me know if it doesn't work.

Message 194 of 284 (434 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  IL have mark have a look and do that when he's home from work it all goes over the top of my head a bit but once he's had a look and followed the steps provided IL let you know if it worked.

How come my game worked prior to this? The graphics were crisp and clear, there was no lag, it was brilliant and I was overjoyed that spending so much on a better laptop with Better graphics had paid off, until it decided today to no longer work and I had a blue mist everywhere if I tried to zoom out from the lot and there was no window reflections, was this due to an update in my graphics driver thing do you think? What's confusing me is that I've not added my graphic card, but I updated drivers or whatever my brother said and now it works albeit a slight bit of lag?

Message 195 of 284 (423 Views)

@BethMark14  There are a few different reasons this could happen.  Having an unrecognized card doesn't mean you'll have bad graphics, it just means the game doesn't know how to set the graphics on its own, so it uses its default and warns you that those settings might not be appropriate.

Once you've confirmed that your card is recognized, please have another look at the graphics.  If they're still low quality, move options.ini out of Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and onto your desktop, launch the game again, and look at a new save.  It's possible the options file was corrupted, and forcing the game to spawn a new one will help.

If you don't get any improvement though, please create a new thread in this section, and include a couple of screenshots of what you see.  Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 196 of 284 (419 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  thankyou so so much. Mark says your instructions were brilliant and extremely helpful. He's done what was suggested and he says it's done what it should and says what it should in config. Thankyou so much for your help Standard smile

Message 197 of 284 (376 Views)

Unrecognized video card ?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello, just bought a new pc the other day and tried to run the sims 4 and i got this message saying unrecognized video card, Can anybody help ? heres my Dxdiag 

Message 198 of 284 (370 Views)

Re: Unrecognized video card ?

@Crystal1017  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.

Your graphics card is listed in the database, but under a different device ID.  So all you need to do is change that ID to the one for your card.  Open graphicscards.sgr, which is inside the game's program files.  Unless you changed the default install location in Origin, the full path will be:

Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin

You can open the file with Notepad.  Right at the top, you'll see this:

vendor "ATI" 0x1002
card 0x7340 "AMD Radeon Pro 5500M / 5300M" $cardLevelUber $resolutionHigh
card 0x731F "AMD Radeon RX 5700 / 5700 XT" $cardLevelUber $resolutionHigh
card 0x15DD "AMD Vega 11" $cardLevelUber $resolutionHigh

Change the bolded 15DD to 15D8 , which is the device Id for your card.  Save, quit, launch the game, quit, and then check the config.log file (inside Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4) for your graphics card.  About 30 lines down, you sould see the card name and a [Found: 1, Supported: 1] value next to it.  Let me know if it doesn't work.

Message 199 of 284 (331 Views)

Re: Unrecognized video card ?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

IT WORKED ! thanks so much for your help ! @puzzlezaddict 

Message 200 of 284 (617 Views)