Unrecognized video card

by paola148

Original Post

Re: Unrecognized Video Card: Your video Card was not found in our Database

@KerriMor  It sounds like you've found graphicscards.sgr?  (If not, the default install location is Program files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.)  Open it—if you're asked to choose which app to use, Notepad works fine—hit crtl-F, and search for 1309.  That will bring you to these lines:

card 0x6920 "AMD Radeon(TM) R9 M395 Graphics" $cardLevelMedium $resolutionHigh
card 0x1309 "AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics" $cardLevelMedium $resolutionHigh
card 0x130C "AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics" $cardLevelMedium $resolutionHigh

(with spaces in front of each line that aren't copying over properly here).

After the R9 M395 line, hit return, and add the text in this box:

card 0x15D8 "AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics" $cardLevelHigh $resolutionHigh

I'm guessing on the card level, but if the settings are too high, you can turn a few down in-game, or else change the "$cardLevelHigh" to "$cardLevelMedium" above.

Save, quit, and launch the game once.  Then you can check whether the card is now recognized.  Go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, open config.log, and scroll about 30 lines down to where your card is listed.  It should say [Foune: 1, Supported: 1] now.

Keep in mind that any time you patch or repair the game, graphicscards.sgr will revert to its original form, and you'll need to redo the edits, at least until EA adds your card to the database.  So you might want to make a backup of the file and replace it when necessary.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 91 of 284 (855 Views)

Unrecognized video card

★★ Novice

I have NVidia Gegorce GTX card and sims 4 says they can't recognize it. Any tips and advice would be helpful please.

Message 92 of 284 (789 Views)

Re: Unrecognized video card

@paola148  I can show you how to add your card to the game's database.  Please go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, open the file called config.log, and copy the lines between "Graphics device info" (about 25 lines down) and "Options."  Paste that info here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 93 of 284 (780 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@crinrict 

New Graphics card GeForce RTX 2060 Super

Add the following line in graphicscards.sgr above this line: card 0x1f08 "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (Turing)" $cardLevelUber $resolutionHigh

card 0x1f06 "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super (Turing)" $cardLevelUber $resolutionHigh

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 94 of 284 (824 Views)

Hero
@jpkarlsen Is that another card that's missing ? I don't add stuff to the file, can just forward

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 95 of 284 (794 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@crinrict 

Yes it is missing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 96 of 284 (784 Views)

Hero
@jpkarlsen Think I already forwarded the 1f06

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 97 of 284 (778 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello! I’m having the same issue with my new computer. My graphics card is not being recognized.

I have a Lenovo Core i7 8700 3.2 GHz - 12 GB - 1 TB

Vendor ID: 808

Device ID: 3E92

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3E92&SUBSYS_36EB17AA

Message 98 of 284 (910 Views)

Hero
@DivasSatire what's the exact card you have ? Could you post your DxDiag ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 99 of 284 (891 Views)

Re: Unrecognized Video Card-Sims 4, New Laptop

★★★ Novice

hi, i recently deleted onedrive and realised it deleted all my mods. so i luckily had them on a usb. so i copied them onto it but it seems like it's copied everything from my sims folder into it? i opened sims and it's telling me that it doesn't recognise my video card. i'm not sure how but a lot of things have my laptop name next to it. i'm sure this was a stupid idea, but i deleted the ones without it because without the laptop name next to it- it wouldn't work as they were only synced to onedrive (i'm anti onedrive now..). i've read through all of this and here is what the config file said.

Number: 0
Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce MX130
Name (database): [Found: 0, Supported: 1]
Vendor: NVIDIA
Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 174d, Board: 85f0103c, Chipset: 00a2
Driver: nvldumdx.dll, Version: 26.21.14.4145, GUID: D7B71E3E-540D-11CF-BD63-FEA518C2D735
Driver version: 4145
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Texture memory: 2010MB
Vertex program: 3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Hardware TnL: 1
Opt. features: +sab +a8l8 +rgba16f +r32f +bc4 +bc5 -rawz +intz

unfortunetly- i'm not that smart and don't really understand how to fix this ): nor do i know how to attatch a dx.dag thing. i'm sorry ): if you'd be able to tell me i'll try! annyways- please help!

Message 100 of 284 (945 Views)