Re: [PLEASE READ] Unrecognized Video Card

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero
@imperfect-angelx Unfortunately, your card is in fact listed as unsupported in the sgr file.

Your computer is all in all below specs to play the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 81 of 284 (918 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh wow, that's upsetting. I mean I can still play, it'll just be very laggy and until my Dell gets fixed, I'll have to deal. Thank you for letting me know.

Message 82 of 284 (911 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, i got a RX5700 XT the gpu is up to date with [Found: 1, Supported: 1] in config but i can't launch the game.

image.png

Message 83 of 284 (873 Views)

Hero
@LordGinger6 That's the first of the two issues

Did you try all the suggestions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/PLEASE-READ-Unrecognized-Video-Card/m-p/7600612#M13596...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 84 of 284 (867 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I'm getting the second problem where it will play and puts it on highest settings but says it can't be found. It's a GTX 1650. The vendor ID is 10DE and the device ID is 1F91. I can find the file that needs editing but not sure what I'm supposed to change for it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 85 of 284 (823 Views)

@TheLittleThings3  In graphicscards.sgr, hit crtl-F and search for 1650.  You'll see this:

card 0x2184 "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 (Turing)" $cardLevelUber $resolutionHigh
card 0x1F82 "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (Turing)" $cardLevelUber $resolutionHigh
card 0x1b06 "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (Pascal)" $cardLevelUber $resolutionHigh

Change the 1F82 in bold to 1F91, save, quit, and test.  Note that after a patch, or if you repair the game, you'll need to redo the edit, at least until your device ID is added to the database.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 86 of 284 (822 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict It worked. Thank you!
Message 87 of 284 (814 Views)

★★★ Newbie

GTX 1660 Super

Message 88 of 284 (914 Views)

Hero

Hi @pengemizt 

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Which message are you getting ? Did you check your log file ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 89 of 284 (902 Views)

Re: Unrecognized Video Card: Your video Card was not found in our Database

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I'm getting the second problem where it will play and puts it on highest settings but says it can't be found. It's a AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 . The vendor ID is 1002 and the device ID is 15d8 . I have found the file that needs editing but not sure what I'm supposed to change for it to work. If I could get some help please, thank you.

Message 90 of 284 (884 Views)