Re: [PLEASE READ] Unrecognized Video Card

by bmepps

Original Post

Highlighted

★★ Novice

It seems like that worked! Thank you for your help!

Message 71 of 284 (860 Views)

Re: Unrecognized Video Card: Your video Card was not found in our Database

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict sorry I've never done this. Can you clarify exactly where to put it you said "Under the second line above (for the HD 640), create a new line and copy and paste the following:" under which second line did you mean. I finally found the file.
Message 72 of 284 (843 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Jezfuji  Find the lines that look like this:

card 0x5916 "Intel (R) HD 620" $cardLevelMedium $resolutionMedium
card 0x5926 "Intel (R) HD 640" $cardLevelMedium $resolutionMedium
card 0x2982 "IntelÆ Graphics Media Accelerator X3500" $cardLevelLow $resolutionLow unsupported

Put your cursor at the end of the line that contains the HD 640 entry, and hit the return key, so you have this:

card 0x2982 "IntelÆ Graphics Media Accelerator X3500" $cardLevelLow $resolutionLow unsupported

Highlight the text in this box:

card 0x3EA6 "Intel (R) HD 645" $cardLevelMedium $resolutionMedium

Hit command-C to Copy, then put your cursor on the blank line shown above and command-V to Paste.  The lines should now look like this:

card 0x3EA6 "Intel (R) HD 645" $cardLevelMedium $resolutionMedium

Command-S to Save, then command-Q to Quit, then launch your game and check whether the edits worked.  Instructions for checking are in my first post to you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 73 of 284 (829 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict it worked thank you.
Message 74 of 284 (820 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict is it normal that everytime i turn on my computer, sims 4 always show unrecognized video card and have to do the steps again?
Message 75 of 284 (792 Views)

Hero
@drinsanityy No, it should stick but they have been changes with the patch so you will need to redo them after the patch.

Are they erased from the file after each time you run the game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 76 of 284 (783 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict nope it doesn't erased but when i checked the config file, it says found 0 support 1
Message 77 of 284 (768 Views)

Hero
@drinsanityy Hm. It worked before, right ? I'm going to pass you on to another helper as I'm insanely busy in bugs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 78 of 284 (935 Views)

@drinsanityy  Every time Sims 4 is patched, repaired, or reinstalled, the graphicscards.sgr file you edited gets replaced with an unaltered copy.  So if you didn't redo the edit after last week's patch, then your card would be unrecognized again.

Every time you have a clean game folder, the game will generate the warning about an unrecognized card.  So if you're troubleshooting by moving files around, it wouldn't be unusual to see that message over and over.  At any rate, if you're not having any other problems with the game, just reapply the edit that Crinrict suggested here, and you should be fine.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/PLEASE-READ-Unrecognized-Video-Card/m-p/8411133#M15489...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 79 of 284 (920 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I had no idea what to look for at first to find out what to do but, I think I found the data needed.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 80 of 284 (904 Views)