Re: Graphics Card error message

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero
@HolidayNowPlease You need to open it with a text editor. For example notepad++ or even just windows notepad

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 284 (1,277 Views)

@HolidayNowPlease 

Thanks Standard smile Please do the following to add your AMD chip:

1. Open the GraphicsCards.sgr file (Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin, using Notepad on a PC). The first long list of GPUs will be the ATI/AMD section which is where we need to add your chip:
    vendor "ATI" 0x1002
  2. Under the ATI header you will see a long list of AMD cards/chips. 
    card 0x15DD "AMD Vega 11" $cardLevelUber $resolutionHigh
    card 0x6863 "AMD Vega FE" $cardLevelUber $resolutionHigh
    card 0x687F "AMD Vega 64 and 56" $cardLevelUber $resolutionHigh
    card 0x67DF "AMD Radeon R9 480, 570, and 580" $cardLevelUber $resolutionHigh
    card 0x67FF "AMD Radeon R9 560 4GB" $cardLevelUber $resolutionHigh
  3. Create a new line above the line I've marked in bold above and enter the following: 
    card 0x15D8 "AMD Vega 8" $cardLevelHigh $resolutionHigh
  4. Close the file, saving if prompted or it doesn't autosave. I have set your chip at high settings but you could always replace the $cardLevelHigh with $cardLevelUber if you feel your computer can handle it.

Now launch the game to the loading screen then quit. Go into the Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder and open the Config .log file, scroll to the top and see if your card has now been found. Under the Graphics device info bit it should now correctly identify your card and show [Found: 1, Supported: 1].

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 42 of 284 (1,265 Views)

Unrecognized Video Card

★★★★★ Novice

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (Turing) is not found. Vendor ID: 10de Device ID: 1f11.  Config file shows Found: 0, Supported: 1.  GraphicsCards.sgr  file has only one RTX 2060 Supported  with a different Device ID than mine. I changed my Device id in GraphicsCard.sgr file and saved it (i made a Back up first) after Config file Found: 1, Supported . in Origin i updated the game and checked the file afterwards and the new Device ID was still there   :-)

Message 43 of 284 (1,244 Views)

Re: Unrecognized Video Card

Hero
@mariannesulsul I merged your post and will forward your deviceID so it can be added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 284 (1,235 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Wonderful!  Thank you very much.  It is recognising the graphics card now.  My Sims will be delighted!  

Edit: Plays much better now.  Before, the laptop would be noisy and get very hot.  I needed a fan tray to cool it down.  Now it works perfectly, no straining or warming up at all.

Message 45 of 284 (1,209 Views)

Re: [PLEASE READ] Unrecognized Video Card

★★★★ Novice

Hi my graphics is 

Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645 1536 MB

my Mac is on Catalina Version 10.15

I am getting an error message saying "unrecognized video card. Your video card was not found in our database."

Message 46 of 284 (1,177 Views)

@Jezfuji

Which exact model Mac do you have?

Could you open the Config.file with TextEdit and copy and paste the section under Graphics Device Info in a post here please.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 47 of 284 (1,165 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just a quick heads-up to everyone.  My laptop just installed the latest Windows 10 Update, which stopped the graphics card being recognised by The Sims again.  All I had to do was copy the code line back in to the GraphicsCard.srg file again. It is worth keeping the code line saved somewhere, so you have it to hand, if you need to copy and past again.

Cheers guys.  Have a nice day!

Message 48 of 284 (1,261 Views)

Re: Unrecognized Video Card: Your video Card was not found in our Database

★★★★ Novice

Vendor ID: 10DE

Device ID: 1025

in the config, it says Found 0 Supported 1

please i need help

Message 49 of 284 (1,138 Views)

Re: Unrecognized Video Card: Your video Card was not found in our Database

Hero
@drinsanityy What card do you have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 284 (1,130 Views)