Re: [PLEASE READ] Unrecognized Video Card

by crinrict

Original Post

★★ Guide

@crinrict1070ti appears to have been added to the list in Update: 08/08/2019 - PC 1.54.120.1020 / Mac 1.54.120.1020

Message 21 of 284 (1,398 Views)

Hero
@stv_strm Great. Thanks for your feedback.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 284 (1,392 Views)

Re: Unrecognized Video Card: Your video Card was not found in our Database

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

NVIDIA Quadro M500M       Device ID: 10DE 137A 505A17AA

It says my card is supported but not found. How do I add it to the graphics card file?

Message 23 of 284 (1,380 Views)

Sims 4 RTX 2080 Super is not recgonized, game stutters

★★★★ Novice

Hi guys!

I just recently built my first PC and it has the RTX 2080 Super and the I7 9700K CPU. Every game I run is buttery smooth, but for The Sims 4 it lags/stutters when I play that it's unplayable for me. When I launch the game it says something along the lines of "The Sims 4 does not recognize the graphics card." I heard adding a line to GraphicsCards.sgr file can help, but I'm not sure what I should add and where. This if the information I have when I click on NVIDIA Control Panel and then System Information:

Items: GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER

Device Id: 10DE 1E81 13A010DE

Part Number: G 180 0040

Message 24 of 284 (1,378 Views)

Re: Sims 4 RTX 2080 Super is not recgonized, game stutters

[ Edited ]

@CevenKills 

I'm not a Windows user but I have edited the sgr files more than I care to remember so let's see if this works:

1. Open the GraphicsCards.sgr file (Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin, open I think with Notepad on a PC). The first long list of GPUs will be ATI/AMD. Scroll down until you get to the NVIDIA section 
    vendor "NVIDIA" 0x10b4 0x12d2 0x10de
  2. Create a new line above the first card and enter the following (you could c/p the first line and just change the Device ID): 
    card 0x1e81 "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (Turing)" $cardLevelUber $resolutionHigh
  3. Close the file, saving if prompted or it doesn't autosave.

Now launch the game to the loading screen then quit. Go into the Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder and open the Config .log file, scroll to the top and see if your card has now been found. Under the Graphics device info bit it should now correctly identify your card and show [Found: 1, Supported: 1].

(moved your post to this ongoing thread)

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 25 of 284 (1,362 Views)

Re: Unrecognized Video Card: Your video Card was not found in our Database

@XxJrealidealxX 

Could you follow the instructions in my post above but instead adding this to the GraphicsCard.sgr file:

card 0x137a "NVIDIA Quadro M500M" $cardLevelMedium $resolutionMedium

I have set the level to Medium but you can change that if your card can handle higher graphics options in-game. 

AHQSigImage.png
Message 26 of 284 (1,353 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi there,

I was able to play my game on Friday night but now I am getting a popup telling me that I have an unrecognized video card. Instead of opening in the full screen its opening in a window and its like I'm playing a brand new game as none of my saved games are there, just the option to play a new game. I did read the posts under this so my graphics are:

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620

Dev #3EA0

Vend # 8086

Hopefully, someone can help me get back to playing my normal games soon Standard smile

Message 27 of 284 (1,320 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@SmileyKylie2018

Have you tried all the steps suggested here like starting a game in windowed mode? Turning off Origin in the game?
You need to look for new graphics card drivers probably also.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/    You should have the last one from January 2019

It won't hurt to check if your Windows is up to date

https://support.microsoft.com/help/4027667/windows-10-update

Message 28 of 284 (1,804 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

OK well it automatically opens in window mode every time i try to open it. It wont save any of the changes i make in the graphics part in the sims menu.

I did turn off origin in game- did nothing

I dont have a dual card, sounds way pricier than my budget

I am not ballsy enough to uninstall and reinstall my graphics driver as ill probably break the entire laptop and its only 2 weeks old. Not sure what rollback to an earlier driver takes but its a brand new laptop. There isnt much to roll back. 

I did repair and it did nothing. 😣

But i did check the list of drivers, im thinking it isn't on there.. i checked... But then why did the game work last week and not now. Im just totally confused by this whole thing. It never happened on my old laptop.

Im all up to date on my windows update and as my laptop is hp, they dont currently have a graphics update and my computer wont  let me update from the intel website.

🙂

Message 29 of 284 (1,797 Views)

@SmileyKylie2018

Can you please open the Config.log file in your Sims 4 folder and copy and paste the section under === Graphics device info === here. Just the small section before the === Options === bit.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 30 of 284 (1,777 Views)