Re: [PLEASE READ] Unrecognized Video Card

by stv_strm

Original Post

Re: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. [0e6d1221:1df4e8dc:

★★ Novice

hi I tried them all and I eventually got it to start but all my add ons say that they are offline and when I click connect it says theres no internet connection is there a way to fix this

Message 11 of 284 (1,732 Views)

Re: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. [0e6d1221:1df4e8dc:

Hero
@BigBoabS1989 Did you check if your firewall or Antivirus programs are maybe blocking the connection ?

Allow ts4_64.exe, ts4.exe and origin.exe as exceptions.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 284 (1,724 Views)

Nvidia Gtx 1070 ti not recognized sims 4?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi! I am having the same struggle with my gtx 1070ti. These are what I can provide: Vendor ID: 10DE Device ID: 1B82 . I did a clean installation on drivers incase. Is there any updates on want to add for the graphic rules? I am experiencing very low fps and it sucks after just upgrading my gpu. (I am experiencing the second type, where it plays the game but pops up with unrecognized graphics.)

My sims 4 game doesn’t recognize my graphics card, and looking into the graphic rules, there is no gtx 1070 ti, only 1070 and 1080. Help??? It’s making my game run so slow. 

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 13 of 284 (1,708 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @elvisjinkie 

Yup, that one seems to be missing

Try these steps

1. Close the game.
  2. Navigate to programs(x86)\Origin_Games\The Sims 4\Game\bin and find the file: GraphicsCards.sgr.  (Path my vary depending on your installation)
  3. Create a backup of the file
  4. Open with a text editor
  5. Find this line: card 0x1b81 "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070" $cardLevelUber $resolutionHigh
  6. Before it, add the following line: card 0x1B82 "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti" $cardLevelUber $resolutionHigh
  7. Save the the file
  8. Open the game
  9. Check if the card is now recognized in the log file.

As there is a patch on Tuesday you might want to just wait till then though and see if they added it. If you do it now and they don't add it, you will need to redo the change.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 284 (1,682 Views)

★★ Guide
Hi @crinrict - GTX 1070 Ti wasn't added to GraphicsCards.sgr in the 6/18/2019 – PC 1.52.100.1020 / Mac 1.52.100.1220 patch. Just passing along the information, no issue here.
Message 15 of 284 (1,640 Views)

Hero
@stv_strm You mean the one above ? Was probably too short notice to make it into the patch but thank you for checking.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 284 (1,626 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict Correct. It's also the same GPU that I posted about in March.
Message 17 of 284 (1,624 Views)

Hero
@stv_strm Did they update the file at all ? Do you know ? I didn't check.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 284 (1,677 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict I compared the current GraphicsCards.sgr to the one from March, and it does not appear to contain any changes.
Message 19 of 284 (1,675 Views)

Hero
@stv_strm Guess it just wasn't part of the patch then :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 284 (1,664 Views)