by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [PLEASE POST HERE] Sims can’t cook anymore

Hero
@rakkevander Glad you found the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 31 (2,206 Views)

Sim won't start cooking after Island living

★ Novice

My sim won't cook. She pays for the food after she takes it out of the fridge and then puts it on the ground. When I try to make her continue cooking she walks to the stove and then places it back on the ground. She even tried it on her own but did the same thing. I've tried to change everything possible, the stove, the counters, the lights and I've even rearranged the furniture. I placed the stove in an empty room, but still nothing. This is the first family I made after downloading Island living and I'm trying out the mermaid thing so she is one, dunno if that helps anything, there just are a lot of bugs floating around. I don't have any mods and/or CC.

Anything helps at this point.

Message 12 of 31 (2,231 Views)

Sims will not finish cooking a meal that uses the mixing bowl

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every game pack, stuff pack and expansion except for fitness stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Cook meals that only use the mixing bowl. (Any bagels, cakes, grand meals etc.)
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim starts to prepare the meal that involves using a mixing bowl and they will stop the interaction out of nowhere. When you click on the meal again and tell the sim to finish preparing it they wave their hands around and show the thought bubble that they cannot get to the meal. Nothing is in the way, there is no food in the oven and there is free counter space. This only happens with foods involving the mixing bowl animations.
What do you expect to see? The sim to finish the meal and continue to cook as normal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After I installed the sims 4 island living and the update right before the game release this bug started happening.

I have removed all mods, deleted cache files, repaired the game and started a new sims 4 file and I still had it happening in my game regardless. 

Message 13 of 31 (2,259 Views)

Re: Sims will not finish cooking a meal that uses the mixing bowl

★ Guide

I thought I had this issue too, turned out my Sim just left something in the oven. Check to see if there's something in yours, once I used the Empty Oven interaction, it was working fine again. 

Message 14 of 31 (2,228 Views)

Re: Sim won't start cooking after Island living

Could you post some screenshots? Are you counters free for the Sim to put something on?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 15 of 31 (2,210 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I tested this in a new patched vanilla game with sugar cakes (baking level 1) and had no problems.

Message 16 of 31 (2,201 Views)

Hero
@Megadustrial_Sim Please check your oven and make sure you have enough space.

Potentially there could be an old bug back with this so if anyone is willing to share they're saves with me, please follow instrucitons in my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 31 (2,178 Views)

Re: Sim won't start cooking after Island living

Hero
@Verkku2 Merged your post with the can't cook master thread.

Could you try @Phantomlover1717 suggestions but also the ones on the first post of this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 31 (2,183 Views)

Fruit Salad Issues

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1521001020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own all packs except for the latest Beach EP.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to make fruit salad
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim refuses to make fruit salad. Sits the cutting board on the ground and does the animation where she waves her hand in the air as if something is blocking her. She will make other recipes but cant seem to resume the fruit salad
What do you expect to see? I expect sim to make a fruit salad
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

I do use mods.  But I removed them all bug still occurs.

Message 19 of 31 (2,252 Views)

Re: Fruit Salad Issues

Hero
@Ciablue Is it just the fruit salad ?

Did you try all the suggestions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/PLEASE-POST-HERE-Sims-can-t-cook-anymore/m-p/7907601#M... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 31 (2,220 Views)