[ARCHIVED] Questions regarding drop of 32 bit OS Support/Legacy Edition

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [PLEASE POST HERE] Questions regarding drop of 32 bit OS Support/Legacy Edit

★★★ Novice

On 64-bit I don't get any messages or certain errors other than it opening for 3 seconds then closing without saying anything and sometimes nothing occurs when I attempt to open the game

On 32-bit/legacy I have no errors whatsoever

Message 61 of 128 (778 Views)

Re: [PLEASE POST HERE] Questions regarding drop of 32 bit OS Support/Legacy Edit

@sheryl380  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 62 of 128 (777 Views)

Re: FAQ

★★ Novice

I use a galaxy book for playing the sims as it is easier to take with me on the go. When I ran a self-test from the EA website, it said my processing system is the only thing preventing me from running the sims 4 regular versions, not legacy edition. Snapdragon I realize is a phone processor system, however, it runs the sims perfectly fine as the regular. it also mentions in the article they are phasing out 32 bit systems but My computer is capable of running 64-bit. Is there a way to run it as is? or does it require a tablet/computer that runs specific types of processors? it is really frustrating as this tablet came out last year, literally only a year old and i bought university, but am unable to play it seems unless i spend the money on a brand new computer

Message 63 of 128 (898 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Archangel9701 I think you should be able to run it fine. Do you get the options to switch like shown on the first page ?

What is this self-test ? Wasn't aware there is one. Is this an official EA link ?

Since you only have 4 GB of RAM, Origin might have set it to run the legacy edition but you should still be able to play.

That said, it is probably a bit underpowered overall as I suspect you don't have a dedicated graphics card either.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 64 of 128 (1,201 Views)

★★ Novice

Under the options menu it doesn’t even come up with a choice to switch between legacy and 64-bit, it just shows running origin in the game itself. 

The dxdiag I attached was a self-test but the EA website article about the sims 4 also has a link to run a eval of your computer to identify if you are able to run the sims 4 regular or if you will need the legacy edition 

I just deleted the sims 4 and reinstalled it so maybe it will work when I get on or maybe I need to clear my cache/do a repair?

Message 65 of 128 (1,192 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Archangel9701 I'll try to get some info on this.

Do you have a link to that self test ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 66 of 128 (1,185 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrict I tried my account again to see if it would let me switch, in the advance options it just shows choosing your language, there isn’t a section for switching to 64-bit.

I did some research on the snapdragon I am using and it says it’s equivalent processor is the same as what EA requires to run the Sims, so I’m slightly confused as to why it won’t

this is the page I saw the check computer for the ability to run the sims 4 regular

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/the-sims-4-legacy-edition/

Message 67 of 128 (1,166 Views)

Sims 4 Legacy Edition on 64-bit?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Origin will not let me launch The Sims 4, after the Legacy Edition-update. My PC has a 64-bit operating system and should be able to run the game. I've seen other people having this problem, but I haven't found a solution yet. Any suggestions?

Message 68 of 128 (1,203 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Archangel9701 Oh, that's what you mean. I thought you meant some site where you can have the site actively check the requirements and give you a result.

It can have something to do with Origin not being aware what this processor is and simply denying because of it. I don't think your tablet is supported as such.

Could you attach your dxdiag text file ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 69 of 128 (1,148 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Legacy Edition on 64-bit?

Hero
@KirstineFaerch Can you switch as suggested on the second post here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/PLEASE-POST-HERE-Questions-regarding-drop-of-32-bit-OS... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 70 of 128 (1,183 Views)