Re: [PLEASE POST HERE] Questions regarding drop of 32 bit OS Support

★ Apprentice

yes I am on a PC and the error i'm receiving is

"TS4-X64.exe-Application error"

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000007b) " 

Message 31 of 128 (1,052 Views)

Hero
@shreeree08 I think it's best if you made your own thread for this. Easier to troubleshoot.

Could you include as much details as possible and and post your DxDiag as well as a screenshot of the error message (sounds like a windows one and not a game one )

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 128 (1,035 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Task manager is saying it's the legacy edition, which is weird as I did not download it. It seems it must have been auto downloaded when I did the update? But when I try to open the game it tells me that I am missing files and need to download the legacy edition. I just download the legacy edition to see if that will give me the option to change it to 64bit but the option is still not showing up in advanced launch options. 

I am now able to open and run the game as legacy edition, but I'm not seeing anyway to run the 64bit version. 

Update: I have now gotten it to work. For anyone with a similar problem, trying using the repair option in the setting menu. Since doing that the option field for "When launching this game" has now appeared and I am able to run the 64bit version.

Message 33 of 128 (1,005 Views)

Hero
@phantom_dragon16 Try deleting Origin Cache files: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 128 (1,060 Views)

Re: [PLEASE POST HERE] Questions regarding drop of 32 bit OS Support/Legacy Edit

★ Novice
@crinrict My computer runs 64 bit and after it forced me to download legacy edition when I play my game everything is fine but when I click play on a household it gives me an error and tells me to relaunch the game and when I do that it does the same thing, please help me I really want to play, and I’m scared because I have so much cc and I have all the packs.
Message 35 of 128 (1,041 Views)

Re: [PLEASE POST HERE] Questions regarding drop of 32 bit OS Support/Legacy Edit

Hero
@CottageCheese07 Sounds like a mod issue. A lot is broken.

here's a list: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/968717/broken-updated-mods-cc-university-edition

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 36 of 128 (1,039 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict thank you so much, i feel so stupid about not thinking about that but i found a mod named meaningful stories and i removed it and i can now play my game normaly thank you <3.
Message 37 of 128 (1,032 Views)

Hero
@CottageCheese07 Glad to hear.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 128 (1,031 Views)

Sims 4 legacy edition?

★★★★★ Newbie

So I have a 64 bit os but for some reason origin is not able to run the Sims 4 Digital Deluxe? Am I missing the other requirements or something?

Message 39 of 128 (614 Views)

Re: Sims 4 legacy edition?

Champion (Retired)

@hocuspocus346187 
Unfortunately many players did not fully understand about the Sims 4 Legacy Edition... including myself.

Luckily I chose to not install it.

Please read the FAQ thread to see if anything applies to your situation.
The Sims 4 - Update on Supported Systems
https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/The-Sims-4-Update-on-Supported-Systems/m-p...

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 40 of 128 (604 Views)