[ARCHIVED] Questions regarding drop of 32 bit OS Support/Legacy Edition

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: FAQ

★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem. i dont know what to do. someone pls explain why i don't have the option to switch to 64 bit

Message 121 of 128 (717 Views)

Re: FAQ

Hero
@ToxicLawyer69 It's because of the graphics chip in your computer.

That is not capable of doing 64 bit.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 122 of 128 (687 Views)

Re: [PLEASE POST HERE] Questions regarding drop of 32 bit OS Support/Legacy Edit

★★ Novice

Hi! Origin keeps telling me to install the legacy edition when i have a 64-bit PC, and i dont have the advanced option to chage to 64-bit or anything. My game was doing good until that error came up and i cant play anymore, help pls!

Message 123 of 128 (607 Views)

Re: [PLEASE POST HERE] Questions regarding drop of 32 bit OS Support/Legacy Edit

Hero (Retired)

@17120603 The biggest issue is Windows 8.1 is not identifying your computer. The game needs to know the computer specs to configure the game. The cpu is not identified and the video chip I think needs to be identified correctly. Also the computer make and model are also missing. Windows 8.1 is dead. If your going to be running 3D graphical games you should upgrade to Windows 10. At one time you were able to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 for free. You still may be able to upgrade by registering the computer on Microsoft site and getting a digital upgrade. I'm guessing the 4Gb of memory is the problem of the game asking for the legacy edition. I think there is a way to get the full version of the game to run in 4Gb. Your operating system is 64 bit so I'm assuming the processor is 64 bit. Once you get the operating system to id the computer correctly you should be able to run the game.  hth

Message 124 of 128 (596 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! I've tried to upgrade to win 10 various times, but in some point it undo all the changes, so i cant. It really angers me becouse im playing normal and then the game changes the route to legacy 😔

Message 125 of 128 (569 Views)

Hero
Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 126 of 128 (563 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict hi! Its attached to my first message, its the #123
Message 127 of 128 (537 Views)

Hero
@17120603 Sorry, missed that.

As Bob said, the processor is missing from it. Could run it again ?

It probably defaults to Legacy cause of the RAM

Have you tried removing the legacy edition from your installation folder: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2019/11/sims-4-legacy-edition-2/#ref4 (done at your own risk but I do it all the time this way) to see if it reverts back to 64 bit without prompting you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 128 of 128 (523 Views)