Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[PLEASE POST HERE] Questions regarding drop of 32 bit OS Support/Legacy Edition

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: NO SOLUTION TO SWITCH BACK FROM 32 BIT TO 64 BIT

@iamvakekz  Yes, that's the standard edition.  And yes, you can buy however many other packs you like.

If you want to create a new shortcut that works, you can create one from TS4_x64.exe, as jpkarlsen said.  It will be in the Sims 4 program files (not the game folder where your  saves are).  Unless you changed the default path in Origin when you installed the game, the location will be Program files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin.  Right-click on TS4_x64 and select Send to > Desktop.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 111 of 128 (272 Views)

Hero
@iamvakekz yeah, sorry. got that number wrong it's 1020 .. not 1010

corrected.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 112 of 128 (257 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict thank you so much for the help! I will create the shortcut for my TS4. No, I didn't change the location of the game on my computer. I appreciate all your help.
Message 113 of 128 (243 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict thank you for your help. Now I'm stress free knowing that my game is in PC standard. 😊
Message 114 of 128 (258 Views)

Re: [PLEASE POST HERE] Questions regarding drop of 32 bit OS Support/Legacy Edit

★★★ Novice

Here, I think I did it right:

Message 115 of 128 (320 Views)

Re: [PLEASE POST HERE] Questions regarding drop of 32 bit OS Support/Legacy Edit

Hero
@sheryl380 What issues do you have ? You don't need the legacy edition.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 116 of 128 (342 Views)

★★★ Novice

Earlier last month I was forced to download the legacy version and was unable to get the original game back despite my system meeting the requirements, and when I attempt to open the regular game it closes right away or just doesn't open. I'm not sure if I missed an update since then or it has something to do with my mods, but I still can't open the 64-bit game.

Sorry, I replied a bit late to another reply. But I haven't really opened the game since then.

Message 117 of 128 (319 Views)

Hero
@sheryl380 Did you check if 64 bit is selected in Origin as described on the first page ?

It sounds like you have some other issue that's preventing the game from opening.

Could you try repairing your game and see if it now loads (after making sure that 64 bit is selected)

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 118 of 128 (301 Views)

Re: How do I download Sims 4 Legacy?

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Thank you, that was very helpful as to how to download the legacy edition. Mine is already set to the 64-bit version, but it still gives me the same message as if I didn't. 😢! Hopefully they fix it soon!
Message 119 of 128 (313 Views)

Re: How do I download Sims 4 Legacy?

@TeHeeJones  Can you play at all?  If not, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 120 of 128 (295 Views)
Twitter Stream