[ARCHIVED] Questions regarding drop of 32 bit OS Support/Legacy Edition

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Forced legacy game with 64 bit - RESOLVED!

★★ Novice

Hey,

Just make sure you backup your saves file and any mods to an external drive or even desktop. Once you reinstall just copy and paste these over to your new EA games -The sims 4 folder.

If you'd like ti be extra extra careful perhaps create a restore point on your system so you can reverse if needs be? You Should be fine but just for youe peace of mind 

Message 101 of 128 (643 Views)

Re: [PLEASE POST HERE] Questions regarding drop of 32 bit OS Support/Legacy Edit

★★★ Newbie

Everytime I open the Sims 4, it tells me I need to switch to 32-bit. When I go to change it to 32-bit, I'll click save, but then it just reverts back to 64-bit. I'm scared that my game will crash, and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it keeps saving as 64-bit

Message 102 of 128 (773 Views)

Re: [PLEASE POST HERE] Questions regarding drop of 32 bit OS Support/Legacy Edit

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 103 of 128 (754 Views)

NO SOLUTION TO SWITCH BACK FROM 32 BIT TO 64 BIT

★★★ Novice

I Had a problem with my game last night and read some forums saying to lessen the lag of the game is to switch from 64 bit to 32 bit. So I did. Then its asking me to DL the Legacy Edition I didn't mind downloading LE coz I was thinking I can always switch it back to my 64 bit. So I started playing my game and clicked on the Sims 4 icon on my laptop and its giving me an error message that my computer can't find Sims 4 and I need to DL the Legacy Edition. When I play my game directly to Origin it runs perfectly. This morning I woke up soooo early coz I couldn't sleep thinking about my game. I contacted EA support and told the tech support about my issue. The 1st tech told me to uninstall/install the game, which I did and thought it will resolve the issue. So when downloading is done, I tried to click the Sims 4 icon on my computer and Alas! Its still doing the same error! So I chatted with the 2nd tech support and told me that switching from 64 bit to 32 bit and going back to 64 bit is NOT POSSIBLE and they don't have the fix!!! I was so frustrated coz I just bought DU 3 days ago and enjoying it a loooot! So now I can't play my DU pack and the 2nd tech advised me not to purchase any future packs?! 🤷‍♀️ my laptop is Win 10, 64 bit and meets other system requirements. This is frustrating. Plus the fact the there is no WARNING popup as to what happens when switching from 64 bit to 32 bit. *sniffs* *teary eyed*

Does anyone having the same problem or have any solution to this?

Message 104 of 128 (813 Views)

Re: NO SOLUTION TO SWITCH BACK FROM 32 BIT TO 64 BIT

@iamvakekz  It's definitely possible to switch back and forth between 32- and 64-bit.  (Saves that have been run in 64-bit since the Legacy update can't be opened in 32-bit, but that's a different issue.)  Go into your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, select Properties > Advanced Launch Options, and select 64-bit from the dropdown menu.  If you don't see it, right-click on the TS4 icon and select Repair, then look again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 105 of 128 (792 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@iamvakekz 

In addition to what @puzzlezaddict told you the reason why the shortcut on your desktop no longer works is that it points to the old location of ts4.exe. You can change it to point to ts4_x64.exe instead or just always launch the game from Origin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 106 of 128 (765 Views)

★★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen they had me uninstall and installed my sims 4 from origin and when I look into my folder I can't find the TS4 64 bit. It looks different now from what I saw before. Last night I played TS4 using the icon on my laptop and DU is working fine (i hope I don't jinx it!), Cats and Dogs work fine too. My other concern is what the EA tech guy told me not to buy future packs anymore and said that DU will not work. My origin game launch option as I checked is in 64 bit. Thank you for your help.
Message 107 of 128 (738 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictI did that and saw on my origin game launch option that it is 64 bit. The Sims 4 icon on my laptop is Legacy Edition. The guy that told me that it can't be switch back is EA tech support. 😔 thank you.

Message 108 of 128 (737 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@iamvakekz It sounds like it runs the 64 bit. The game does run from the ts4.exe but depending on your setting in Origin, it runs either 64 bit or 32 bit

There's two ways to check which version is running.

Check the version number on the menu. the last 4 digit tells you which one you're running

1.xx.xxx.1020 = PC Standard
1.xx.xxx.1220 = Mac Standard
1.xx.xxx.1520 = PC Legacy
1.xx.xxx.1620 = Mac Legacy

You can also check on the task manager: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2019/11/sims-4-legacy-edition-2/#ref9

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 109 of 128 (719 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrictthe version on my main menu of the game is:
Is that PC standard? And can I still buy other packs like get together, spa day, and strangerVille?

Message 110 of 128 (700 Views)