Re: [PLEASE POST HERE] Questions regarding drop of 32 bit OS Support

by shreeree08

Original Post

Re: Not a 32!

★★★ Newbie

Thanks so much! 

Message 21 of 128 (810 Views)

Re: ask

@Emma_Paige26  Are you saying you want to download the Sims 4 Legacy Edition, rather than the normal edition?  Please make sure that your computer actually requires the LE.  Details are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/The-Sims-4-Update-on-Supported-Systems/m-p...

To download the LE, click on the Sims 4 icon in your Origin game library, select Extra Content, scroll to where the LE is listed, and click Download.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 22 of 128 (945 Views)

Re: lost absolutely everything, saved games, sims, cc - all gone

★★★★★ Apprentice

Players with Legacy Edition don't have access to the gallery anymore, which is a bit of a bummer since I often save things to that for future reference. 

I do however often upload important saves to my Dropbox to keep them safe.

Message 23 of 128 (1,099 Views)

I hate the direction origin is going

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Origin is messing up. I have been playing them sims 4 on my laptop without internet access for years and now its not letting me. And then i'm really not understanding this stream stuff. I have zero interest in not being able to play the game I've previously bought and this whole sims 4 legacy edition better not effect that 

Message 24 of 128 (1,347 Views)

★★★ Novice

For some reason my options menu does not have the "When launching this game" field. It only shows language and command line arguments. I have attached the DxDiag file.

Capture.PNG

Message 25 of 128 (1,407 Views)

Re: FAQ

★ Apprentice

this is what happened to me I have a 64bit computer and it made me download the legacy edition now my sims wont launch at all, feel like ive tried everything i could possibly find to try. and evven when I set the settings to 64bit it does nothing 

please help!!!

Message 26 of 128 (1,397 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am in exactly the same boat, spoke to an EA consultant on live chat today supposedly they need to fix something and that its happening to lots of people please let me know if you find a way to solve this issue! fingers crossed we hear something soon. 

Message 27 of 128 (1,391 Views)

Hero
@phantom_dragon16 Did you download the legacy edition ? You should be able to launch the normal one.

If you start the game, what does it say in your task manager ? Sims 4 legacy or Sims 4 64 bit ?

@shreeree08 Do you also have no option to switch back as shown in the FAQ post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 128 (1,372 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

No i have the option to switch and no matter which option I put the computer on sims wont launch, It also made me download the legacy edition despite having a 64bit  and gives me an error code when I  go to launch the game.

Message 29 of 128 (1,363 Views)

Hero
@shreeree08 And you're on PC ? What error code are you getting ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 128 (1,353 Views)