Re: lost absolutely everything, saved games, sims, cc - all gone

by troshalom

Original Post

Re: How do I download Sims 4 Legacy?

[ Edited ]

@pmltry and @moniquegardner  To download the Legacy Edition, open your Origin game library, click on the Sims 4 icon, select Extra Content, and scroll to where the Legacy Edition is listed.  You should see a download button; the LE is free to anyone who already owns Sims 4.

But before you do this, please make sure you do in fact need the Legacy Edition rather than the normal version.  Some people have been getting alerts that they require the LE even when they don't.  You can read this post (updated yesterday) for more details:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/The-Sims-4-Update-on-Supported-Systems/m-p...

If your computer runs a 64-bit version of Windows but you're still getting the message about needing the LE, right-click on the Sims 4 icon in your Origin library, select Game Properties, then Advanced Launch Options, and make sure you've enabled the 64-bit version of the game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 128 (1,482 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

I feel ya japanesearmor, I lost all of my games too, not because of legacy, but because of Microsoft. Luckily I saved most of my sims and my builds to the gallery, so although I lost all of my games, I could still play with the sims I created.

Now I have everything backed up to two additional drives on my server.

Message 12 of 128 (1,394 Views)

Re: [PLEASE POST HERE] Questions regarding drop of 32 bit OS Support

★★★ Novice
@lkrause74 I'm having this same problem. I have a 64bit computer but when I try to run the game it tells me to install the legacy edition. I tried checking the advanced startup options but it does not show an option to change which it runs on.
Message 13 of 128 (4,399 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Could you also post a picture how it looks for you for the advanced options ?

This is what you should be seeing

Legacy.png

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 128 (4,388 Views)

★ Guide

I'm curious about something in regards to households and lots since this update came through:

You created new households and lots in either legacy or standard versions or both, can you move those households and lots across to these various versions of TS4?

If so - can you provide a step by step guide to add to your FAQ as to how to go about doing that?

(It could be helpful if you are locked to a 32bit system and plan on an upgrade to 64 bit system and don't want to lose the effort you put into it when you do upgrade and start getting the DLC packs to unlock those households.)

Also those who enjoy having limited or no internet might want to transfer those households and lots across the standard to the legacy version and have it all in one place, either as a back up or a place to test out all their experiementations with CC while keeping the standard version clean, and since the legacy version won't get updates, it would be perfect for all those mods and having such copies of households and lots put there.

Message 15 of 128 (4,363 Views)

Hero
@Hoverael Once you upgrade to 64 bit, you can just move your files back to the Sims 4 folder in documents and it should all be there. Going from 64 bit to 32 bit isn't possible. Once a saved was loaded on 64 bit, you can't go back.

That part should be in the official FAQ I have linked above.

It is probably possible to just save your households to to library with legacy and then move to the tray folder on 64 bit. Shouldn't be different then when you do that from standard to standard.

The only difference is that you don't have the gallery to help you on legacy.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 128 (4,344 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Japanesearmor 

@belpita 

"How to do" tip Standard smile

At this moment you have two games folder in Documents/Electronic Arts One is called Legacy Edition and second The Sims4.
1. Delete in the LE folder following folders: "saves" and Tray
2. Go to The Sims 4 folder and copy - your "saves " folder. Paste this folder in the LE game folder.
3. Do the same with the Tray folder.

Edited :

The same  applies to the mods folder but please check if your mods and CC are up to date after this patch because most mods and  CC are broken (MCC UIC all CC tubs and showers and so on,)

I don't work for EA

Message 17 of 128 (1,346 Views)

Not a 32!

★★★ Newbie

I have  a 64 but I'm getting the message that I need to run Sims on legacy. How do I get origin to see that I don't need it?

Thanks!

Message 18 of 128 (1,042 Views)

ask

★★ Newbie

I have by mistake pressed the "x" button for sims 4 legacy edition an I don't know how to get it back. It won't let me and I don't know how to find it!!!! I NEED HELP!!!!!

Message 19 of 128 (1,170 Views)

Re: Not a 32!

@preciouseureka  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 PC tech section.  You can access the Origin setting by right-clicking on the Sims 4 icon in your game library and selecting Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options.  Here's a screenshot of the options you should be seeing:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/PLEASE-POST-HERE-Questions-regarding-drop-of-32-bit-OS...

If you still have trouble, please post a screenshot of what you see, and run a dxdiag as well.  (You can attach both to a post.)

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 20 of 128 (1,033 Views)