Re: PLEASE HELP!

by MKSIMS101

Original Post

PLEASE HELP!

★ Novice

I recently downloaded some new CC and when I loaded the game it didn't load past the loading screen.So I removed the CC that I thought was causing the game to not load and it STILL won't load pass the loading screen.

I have tried various ways to fix this and nothing has worked! I even tried to remove any old CC and didn't load.

My families in the Sims are made from mostly CC,hair,skin etc.I cannot play this game without CC.

Please someone help! Frown 

Message 1 of 3 (277 Views)

★★ Novice
I've had this same problem. I've temporarily fixed mine, so I'll try my best to help you. I use Mod Detector to help me find broken cc and Mods. It might help you. Also, search for mods that don't work with the newest update. I'm trying my best. Hopefully this works <3
Message 2 of 3 (265 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Peachy-chann 

Move the mods folder to the desktop.

Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder -important!

Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and to check if a game is working now without mods and CC.

Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.

Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. (Divide your CC into small batches and put them into subfolders for example 50 pieces in one and check these subfolders one by one)
You need to find a culprit and either remove it or replace it with an updated version

I don't work for EA.

Message 3 of 3 (253 Views)