Re: PLEASE HELP Sims 4 keeps crashing HELP ME PLEASE

by Erika6593

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PLEASE HELP Sims 4 keeps crashing HELP ME PLEASE

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I NEED HELP!!!! Okay so a few months back I uninstalled the sims 4 and installed the sims 3. I played the sims 3 for a few months and did not touch the sims 4 for a very long time. I just recently decided to go back to the sims 4 so I uninstalled the sims 3 and reinstalled the sims 4. There were a few updates that went out while I was playing the game so I know my mods and cc would no longer work so I removed them 1st. I run the sims 4 create a family and go to move them into a lot or a house and the game crashes every single time. I have tried everything! I have repaired the game, I have updated my graphics card, I have switched from origin to EA I have uninstalled and reinstalled, I have ran it as an administrator, I have cleared the cache, and I have deleted my tray folder. I have also deleted the local thumb nail file. I am at a lost and I just want to play my game. I have done the old sims 4 folder thing and nothing is working at all. Is any one else having this issue? 

Device name LAPTOP-01KAE04K
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 4600H with Radeon Graphics 3.00 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.37 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎10/‎6/‎2022
OS build 22621.521
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0

[CM - Edited to remove sensitive information such as serial numbers]

Message 1 of 6 (550 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

I just did a factory reset on my computer yesterday and reinstalled the Sims 4 and I can now play the game and build without crashing. I am guessing there was some kind of cc and or mod somewhere on my computer that I could not find I'm not sure what it is what was. But it is working now just fine. Thank you for all suggestions for my problem. I was hoping to find a better solution other than factory reset my computer. But it works now just going to have to redownload all my cc and mods.

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (430 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@Erika6593 

Try doing a factory reset as described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (526 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've done this already and it did not help either 

Message 3 of 6 (483 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Erika6593 

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 6 (476 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here it is

Message 5 of 6 (471 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just did a factory reset on my computer yesterday and reinstalled the Sims 4 and I can now play the game and build without crashing. I am guessing there was some kind of cc and or mod somewhere on my computer that I could not find I'm not sure what it is what was. But it is working now just fine. Thank you for all suggestions for my problem. I was hoping to find a better solution other than factory reset my computer. But it works now just going to have to redownload all my cc and mods.

Message 6 of 6 (431 Views)