PC - Unable to run an iso format of the SIMS 3 cd I just bought.

by mouettefluo

Original Post

PC - Unable to run an iso format of the SIMS 3 cd I just bought.

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

I just bought a copy of SIMS 3 (The bundle with the base game and High end loft / Late Night.

My PC doesn't have a cd reader so I USB plugged one. It's quite big and noisy so I decided to just make an ISO of the cd and mount it from my computer.

Well, when I try to start the game from the mount, I receive an error message that I may be using an invalid disc and that I should contact customer service. 

Is there a way to solve this problem ? If I can't use mount iso, is there a place to get the online version of the hardware I bought ?

Since it seems to be relevant in many forum entries I have seen, I've been using downloaded content from the Exchange Sims 3 community and I had no problem running the game until the mount thing. When I plug back the cd reader, I can play the game.

Message 1 of 2 (1,000 Views)

Re: PC - Unable to run an iso format of the SIMS 3 cd I just bought.

@mouettefluo  I'm not surprised that mounting the ISO wouldn't work.  Does it make a difference if you use one of the executables within Program Files to start the game?  If your install isn't controlled by Origin (as in, you don't need to have Origin open to play), you'll want TS3w.exe, or maybe something like TS3EP03.exe for Late Night (it's newer than High-End Loft Stuff, so it runs the game in some ways.)  The .exes will be in the Bin folder for the base game or for Late Night.

If this doesn't help, you could always install the game through Origin, if you haven't already.  If you have, just uninstall Late Night and reinstall it through your Origin library, no need for a disc.  You'll need to launch the game through Origin, or through TS3.exe (or a shortcut, and no W in the name this time), which would bring up Origin and then the launcher once you sign in.

If you're not using Origin and would rather skip it, and launching through the .exe doesn't help, let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (990 Views)