[PC] Unable to load save games - missing content

by CRYSTALANGELWING

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC] Unable to load save games - missing content

★ Novice

I bought a new laptop and downloaded Origin and hours of all the Sims 4. I am not able to retrieve any of my 918 hours of saved families and builds including of community downloads. Nothing is saved. It is like I haven't played. It just says that I have played 918 hours. How can I retrieve all my save content???? I removed filters, verified I am playing on 64 bit. It is  my account. 

Message 1 of 6 (516 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PC] Unable to load save games - missing content

★★ Pro

Origin doesn't have the option to save players Sims 4 user folder or save files to the cloud.

Did you backup your Sims 4 folder? Do you still have a copy of it on your old computer? You can locate this folder by going to: C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

If so, take a usb drive and copy the Sims 4 folder to it. This will have all your game saves, options, Sims and houses. Copy the Sims 4 folder to the Documents\Electronic Arts folder of your new computer. If successful, you should have all your backed up Sims 4 content on your new laptop.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (580 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Did you copy your savegames from the saves folder on the old PC to the saves folder on your new PC?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (505 Views)

★ Novice

Apparently not because I don't understand what you are talking about. I guess I just assumed if I saved everything when I exited each time it would automatically download when I downloaded onto the new laptop. Could you elaborate on how to do this?

Message 3 of 6 (498 Views)

★★ Pro

Origin doesn't have the option to save players Sims 4 user folder or save files to the cloud.

Did you backup your Sims 4 folder? Do you still have a copy of it on your old computer? You can locate this folder by going to: C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

If so, take a usb drive and copy the Sims 4 folder to it. This will have all your game saves, options, Sims and houses. Copy the Sims 4 folder to the Documents\Electronic Arts folder of your new computer. If successful, you should have all your backed up Sims 4 content on your new laptop.

Message 4 of 6 (581 Views)

★ Novice

Will give this a try and let you know how that works out. Thanks!

Message 5 of 6 (466 Views)

★ Novice

It worked! Thanks for the solution!

Message 6 of 6 (459 Views)