Re: [PC] Sudden random lag in game

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

[PC] Sudden random lag in game

★★★ Newbie

Just today my game has suddenly become unplayable with the amount of lag I am getting. Simply moving around the camera causes lag spikes. It takes a few seconds to load after clicking an object. The lag is in CAS, Build/Buy, Manage World, and Live Mode too.

I don't understand why as my laptop is above the recommended specs and the game was running smoothly (with a lot of mods and CC) just yesterday.

I have tried removing all mods and CC, emptying my tray and saves folders, starting a new save, updating my graphics driver, turning down my graphics settings and resetting my laptop and it's still just as laggy. 

Has anyone else experienced this before and how did they fix it? Is it worth just reinstalling the game again or is that not really going todo anything for me.

Message 1 of 7 (372 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@jerskk  Check to see if the laptop is overheating if it is that will explain the lag issue you are having keep in mind the more CC you download the more ram the laptop will use 

Message 2 of 7 (365 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@TheSuperWolf100 My laptop isn't overheating or anything and unfortunately even after removing CC the game is just as laggy.
Message 3 of 7 (360 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@jerskk Please post your computers' dxdiag - how to collect dxdiag data and attach the txt file to the paper clip in the lower left of the reponse windows.

Message 4 of 7 (355 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have attached the DxDiag

Message 5 of 7 (350 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@jerskk Check task manager to see is anything is running in the background. Try freeing up spave on the storage device and see if the helps.

Message 6 of 7 (332 Views)

@jerskk  When you say you reset your laptop, did you reset it to factory settings or do something else less drastic?  (I'm absolutely not suggesting you reset like this, just wondering whether you did.)  If you haven't already, please also try playing in a clean user folder, as in, move the entire Sims 4 folder to the desktop and try playing in a new save in one of the base game worlds.  This isn't to say you need to get rid of your existing saves or other content; it's just a useful comparison.

Please try playing on ultra graphics settings—your computer hardware is capable of handling the load, and if this doesn't work well, that means there's an underlying problem.

Set exceptions for Origin.exe and TS4_x64.exe in McAfee as well.

While you're at it, try putting Origin in offline mode before launching the game.  The Gallery won't work, but everything else should.

You absolutely do not need to clear any more space on your storage drive.  93 GB free is more than enough for whatever the game is going to do.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 7 (290 Views)