PC LOADING ISSUES >.<

by ladypoisonxo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PC LOADING ISSUES >.<

★★★★★ Newbie

So yesterday i was having problems with the game not starting. when i would click "play sims" in origin, the screen would go black as if it were loading, but it would return to the home page of origin. So i uninstalled the sims because i repaired the game and checked for updates, but that would not work. after reinstalling it, It was finally working and it would load properly but i had to start from the beginning. 

It is now the next day i saved the game before shutting it down. and its having the same issues. I don't know what to do. but having to start over every time is going to get a little annoying. 

If anyone knows how to fix this problem please help me.

I am also playing from an Alienware PC 

Message 1 of 4 (296 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PC LOADING ISSUES >.<

@ladypoisonxo  Origin in-game is an overlay that has its uses in multiplayer games, and maybe for streaming.  But it's totally unnecessary for Sims 4.  I usually have it disabled, and Origin updates sometimes reenable it, but I never notice the difference unless I check my settings.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (226 Views)

All Replies

@ladypoisonxo  Try disabling Origin in-game: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 2 of 4 (263 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict OMG!! thank you! it worked, will i have to enable it in the future? what is that setting for?
Message 3 of 4 (239 Views)

@ladypoisonxo  Origin in-game is an overlay that has its uses in multiplayer games, and maybe for streaming.  But it's totally unnecessary for Sims 4.  I usually have it disabled, and Origin updates sometimes reenable it, but I never notice the difference unless I check my settings.

Message 4 of 4 (227 Views)