Re: Outdoor Retreat - Vacation not an option

by imjuliewaters

Original Post

Outdoor Retreat - Vacation not an option

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice
I am having the same problem as the OP in this post (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Having-problems-outdoor-retreat/m-p/4996833#M59335). The option to take a vacation is only there when I start a new game. I've taken out all of my Mods and CC. I did a chat with the EA Help Center last night (Chat ID 38835462) and they refreshed my game on their end. I have also repaired on the game on my end. All of this has not fixed the issue. One of the solutions given in the other post was to "try renaming the user folder". I have no idea what that means. What user folder? Where do I find it and what exactly will this do? Thanks.

ETA 2/11 at 3:09am PST: I just finished doing a reset on the game (creating a backup of Sims 4 folder, restarting the game, etc). Everything is exactly the same. It still only gives a Sim from a new game the option to take a vacation.
Message 1 of 13 (596 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You find the folder here: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

Rename that folder and start the game. A new The Sims 4 folder will be created when you start the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 13 (576 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I just finished doing that and was coming back to edit my post. Everything is exactly the same. Only a brand new game lets the Sim have the option to take a vacation.
Message 3 of 13 (570 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Then it seems that there are a corruption in your current Savegame.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 13 (561 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice
There's nothing wrong with my game except for that one little thing though. Every other expansion and pack I've bought and installed works perfectly. If there was a corruption, it would have already been happening, wouldn't it? Also, I have multiple saved games and it's happening in every single one.
Message 5 of 13 (545 Views)

Champion (Retired)
So it appears a corruption has happened since only a new Savegame will allow you to travel.
Message 6 of 13 (505 Views)

Hero
Would you be willing to share your save where it's not working ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (484 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Sure, how do I do that?
Message 8 of 13 (453 Views)

Hero
You can find instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/4568799#M55399

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (440 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've checked your save (the asylum challenge one) and it looks like your vacation world is corrupted in that save. I have no idea how that happens and it could have been a mod that did it but I doubt there's much that can be done.

If you click on the sun on the main world screen to switch to the vacation worlds, you'll see that GF has a little exclamation mark next to it. When you try to load it, it turns all white.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (427 Views)