Other played households progressing without me

by eterhnite

Original Post

Other played households progressing without me

★★★★★ Novice

I play a lot of games where I have multiple households in the same game file. In my most recent save file, I have A LOT of households marked as "played." Even though I only really focus on one or two households at a time, each one is essential to the story that I have going on. However, when I'm playing as one household for a long period of time, my other "played" households seem to progress without me-- such as, the husbands are having romantic relationships with other random female sims, and a lot of the families just keep spawning ridiculous amounts of babies (one had six babies at one time). I have aging set to "only active household" and autonomy on full. Please, if there is any way to stop the random affairs and baby spawning in my placed households, that would be greatly appreciated! Frown

Message 1 of 6 (2,911 Views)

Re: Other played households progressing without me

Hero (Retired)
@eterhnite
Do you use MCCC mod? Because if you use it, you have apparently not selected the option "skip played family"
If you do not use it, the only answer is that you have not actually marked these families as "played". There are two options, one strongly green symbol of "played" family and the other option is pale green - meaning, that this family is introduces by you to game but it is not "played" These families are managed by the game.
Unwanted romances unfortunately happen in played families but children - without mod - never.
I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 6 (2,898 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@kreatora

I do use MCCC. Where could I find this "skip played family" option?

Message 3 of 6 (2,892 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@eterhnite
In the "Population" but it should be factory set already "skip played family". Did you change something there?
Message 4 of 6 (2,888 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@kreatora
Okay, it took me a while, but I finally found the setting "Bypass Played Households" in "Moving Settings." It's set to Enabled. I also see "Populating Settings" that seem to show the percentage of a certain age of a sim being generated? It's all really confusing...
Message 5 of 6 (2,877 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@eterhnite
The best way is to change as little as possible in the Dreadpole settings. I always change the number of children from 3 to 2 and something in "moving families". Nothing more. But of course I include cheats - Full Cas, Free building, Show hidden objects and Career Prizes
Happy simming Standard smile

Message 6 of 6 (2,856 Views)