Re: Origin won't let me switch between 32 and 64 bit version of the Sims 4

by crinrict

Original Post

Origin won't let me switch between 32 and 64 bit version of the Sims 4

★ Novice

Hi everyone,

Recently my game asked me to download and install the legacy edition of the Sims 4, which I did, and because I have a 64 bit OS and windows, I switched it back to run 64 bit in game properties. The other day when I went to load my game, it loaded up the 32 bit legacy edition instead of 64 bit, and I had not changed any settings since I last played. I went back to the game properties in Origin, and the drop down menu to switch between 64 and 32 bit was not there, I have so far tried restarting origin, rebooting my PC, and downloading and re-installing origin, none of which have helped.

I appreciate any suggestions

Message 1 of 4 (350 Views)

Hero
@Brick277 Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (337 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,

Here it is, I hope it helps

Thanks

Message 3 of 4 (308 Views)

Hero
@Brick277 I don't see any reason why you shouldn't have the option anymore. Your graphics drivers could do with an update but I don't think that should cause this

Can you try deleting Origin cache files: https://crinrict.com/blog/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (305 Views)