Re: Origin won't let me play

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin won't let me play

★★★ Newbie

Hi everyone. As the title says, origin won't let me play the sims 4. Today I was buliding a house and the game was lagging a bit so I decided to stop playing and when I done this origin said 'The sims 4 download failed' Obviously I was wondering what download? but when I tried to play my game again it wouldn't let me. The play button doesn't light up and is grey and when I hit check for updates it doesn't also the game has blurred out colours in the origin menu. I've even turned my laptop off, left it for a few hours and it's still doing the same thing. I really don't want to have to reinstall it becuase i've built houses and have nice families that have got a lot of skills, and i'm not brilliant with computers... Please help if you can! Thanks Confusedmileyhappy: 

Message 1 of 5 (4,650 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Hero

There was a patch yesterday so that was probably what it wanted to download

Try clearing your Origin cache: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files/ and then restart your computer.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (4,933 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hero

There was a patch yesterday so that was probably what it wanted to download

Try clearing your Origin cache: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files/ and then restart your computer.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (4,934 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you very much! it worked after I done that Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 3 of 5 (4,598 Views)

★★★ Newbie

can you now get into a room to play   i still cant

francine

Message 4 of 5 (4,398 Views)

★★ Novice

Today I brought two disks (Sims 3 and Sims 3 pets) from my house to play at my grandmother's house. I hoped on Origin and expected to play but I can't press the play buttonDevil. Does anyone know what to do?

Message 5 of 5 (3,118 Views)