Re: Origin won't let me play! PLEASE HELP! Logged in and all!

by 99Lmarah

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem... I have tried this but alas to no avail.

Message 11 of 24 (3,221 Views)

★★★ Newbie

but wont reinstalling make you have to start the game all over? Because I don't want to lose my data?

Message 12 of 24 (3,034 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem WHY CAN I NOT PLAY HELP ME

Message 13 of 24 (2,896 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What would happen to your save games?

Message 14 of 24 (2,832 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

When I tried to open it on origin the "play" button was pale and not letting me play.  I clicked it a bunch, got mad, and angrily searched why it wasn't working.  By the time I got myself into such a bad mood I looked at my taskbar and realized that the sims launcher was running 

Message 15 of 24 (2,766 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This same problem happened to me, but i completely exited Origin and logged out. I didn't think it would change anything, but when i was logged out i tried to open the Sims, obviously sense i was logged out it didn't work, but it opened a page for me to sign in again, or relogged the one i was using. I signed in and the Sims was working again! This problem also happened for me in PVS Garden Warfare, and it worked as well!!! Standard smile I hope this helps lol idk

Message 16 of 24 (2,675 Views)

★ Novice

OMG thank you so much!!you have the simplest task to do to fix it!!the other comments make the same idea but more complex! -Kate

Message 17 of 24 (2,611 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem will it delete all of my progress

Message 18 of 24 (2,486 Views)

★ Novice

I just uninstalled and reinstalled Origin without touching the games. I haven't tried playing yet, but I think it's going to work!

Message 19 of 24 (2,371 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi! I had this same problem too... It was so annoying.. but I didn't want to uninstall Sims 3 as a whole because i didn't want to lose my data. I tried uninstalling origin and reinstalling.. nothing. what you need to do is go to Task Manager and first look in Applications, and if it's open, close it out. If it isn't open, and you still can't play, go into PROCESSES and look for a Sims3Launcher and close it out! this worked for me and now i can play.

Message 20 of 24 (2,009 Views)