Origin won't let me play! PLEASE HELP! Logged in and all!

by elizabethlaughy

Original Post

Origin won't let me play! PLEASE HELP! Logged in and all!

★★★ Newbie

Hi! (Thanks for bothering to read my problems! Confusedmileyhappy: )

Well, I bought the game and installed the game. For about a days worth of playing, the game ran smoothly until I logged out of the Sims as I had a few times before. (Save and Quit!!! A while later, I went to play but Origin wouldn't give me the option to play. It said that my play time was exactly 24 hours and wouldn't let me play at all. I have looked around for help, but I can't find it. I'm not sue whether it's a glitch that can be fixed and occurs frequently or if my game/laptop is stuffed.

If you think you could help, please do! I would really appreciate it. Confusedmileyvery-happy: 

Message 1 of 24 (57,191 Views)

Re: Origin won't let me play! PLEASE HELP! Logged in and all!

★★★★ Guide

Have you tried playing directly from the exe file? (Depending on your system, try looking in C:\Program Files(x86)\Origin Games\TheSims3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe.)

Message 2 of 24 (56,998 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Try right clickingon the icon and the click the option to uninstall. When it's done uninstalling go back to origin and install it again it worked for me. Hope it works

Message 3 of 24 (55,953 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Go to Task Manager, click the Processes tab, scroll to find Origin,exe. Click it, then click "end process". If there is "SimsLauncherW" or anything similar in list, end those processes too. Start Origin, log in, and you should be able to play again.

Message 4 of 24 (55,782 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Try restarting the computer that works Standard smile
Message 5 of 24 (52,991 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this has happend to me also but i dont want to uninstall because i lost my password for the sims 3

Message 6 of 24 (51,897 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THIS HELPED. Thanks soooooooo much! :catsurprised: :heart:

Message 7 of 24 (51,627 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem, i just had to download origin again and don't open origin at all after it's installed and restart my computer and then when i went onto my origin game launcher came up, it may say would you like to update your game, press yes so you don't have the same problem. Hope it works.

Message 8 of 24 (51,429 Views)

★★ Novice

You might've left the game running in the background or something, try opening your task manager and look for Sims 3 Launcher, click on it and then end task, now try opening it again! Hope this helps those of you who had this problem!

Message 9 of 24 (50,756 Views)

★ Novice

I tried that,but it still didn't work.

Message 10 of 24 (50,275 Views)