Re: Origin won't launch Sims 3

by holger1405

Original Post

@Chocoroom1 

OK, according to the log the game is correctly installed.

Do you have set any compatibility settings in the "TS3.exe"?

Did you tried to run the game from the "TS3.exe" directly? (With and without Administrator mode.)

Do other Origin games work?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 21 of 29 (5,399 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@holger1405 I do not have any compatibility settings, and I tested them and they don't change anything. The game doesn't launch directly from TS3.exe even if I do use admin mode. It still goes through origin and doesn't open or change anything. My other origin games work too.

Message 22 of 29 (5,391 Views)
Highlighted

@Chocoroom1 

OK, there is no info in the DxDiag or the install log about why TS3 shouldn't run at all.

So I need to ask you some more questions, some of them might already be asked, but we need to make sure.

That is a vanilla installation of TS3, meaning no mods or other third party content at all?

Origin is not crashing after you try to execute TS3?

Do you have Origin in game enabled? If so disable it > Test.

You flowed @puzzlezaddict guide to uninstall Origin with Revo to the letter?  

What other games do you run on Origin?

Please clear your Origin cache again after this guide:

All settings in Origin (only in Origin not in the games) are back to default settings after this.)

• Close Origin completely.
    (right click on the Origin symbol in the task bar > close)
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%ProgramData%/Origin" (without quotes) into the new window > hit ENTER
  • Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for the "LocalContent" folder.
    (The "LocalContent" folder must remain untouched.)
  • Delete the "The Sims 3" folder inside the "LocaContent" folder.
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%AppData%" (without quotes) into the new window > hit ENTER
  • Now your Windows explorer should have brought you to your "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Roaming" folder.
  • Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the "Roaming" folder.
  • In the address bar of your Windows explorer click on "AppData".
  • Open the "Local" folder.
  • Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the  "Local" folder.
  • Restart your PC. > test

If that don't works load up a new DxDiag.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 23 of 29 (5,375 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@holger1405  Sorry for not replying until two months later, don't know why I didn't. After all that time, nothing changed. I did exactly as puzzleaddict said, and also uninstalled it again with nothing happening. I have nothing on my installation except for all the expansion packs. Origin doesn't crash after I try to run TS3, it just minimizes and appears again. I disabled Origin in-game and nothing happened. The only other games I run are BF1 and BFV. I cleared my Origin cache and nothing happened either, so here's a DxDiag. I would use Sims 4 but I feel like 3 has more content. Also, I only have the base game because all the expansions are so expensive.

Message 24 of 29 (5,227 Views)

@Chocoroom1  Since you last posted in this thread, a couple other people have reported the same symptoms as you did, both after having accounts merged.  The one person who fixed it contacted EA customer support again and found that there was a problem with their base game code: someone on the support side had messed up when doing the merging.  (The other person's issue was never resolved, at least as far as we know.)  Here's the thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-does-not-launch-just-minimizes-Origin-for-a-sec...

So it's possible that your code has been blocked, or deactivated, or otherwise isn't working correctly.  Given that all the usual steps haven't helped, it's a good idea to contact support and ask someone to look at your codes, especially the one for the base game.  Not only does the code need to be there, but it needs to be active and in good standing, or whatever the opposite of "blocked" is.  There's no way for you to tell whether there's a problem on your own; only a support rep can check.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 25 of 29 (5,193 Views)

Sims 3 Launcher Not Opening

★ Novice

I bought the Sims 3 back in 2016 and have played it perfectly fine without any issue up until about September of this year. I bought a new laptop in February, and it has a lot better specs than the one I was previously using. The problem is that now, for whatever reason, I can't get the Sims 3 to load at all. I click on the desktop icon to open the launcher, I've tried running it through Origin, I've tried doing the file launcher TS3 Launcher workaround, I've tried running as an admin and even tried changing compatibility because someone said that might work. No matter what, the launcher doesn't even pop up for a second. It doesn't appear in task manager, it doesn't give an error message of any kind, my laptop just processes it for a second (excuse my stupidity but it does the little circle load symbol) and then nothing. Over and over and over no matter what I've tried. When I try to load it through Origin, Origin minimizes for a second like it's trying to load but then pops back up and nothing happens.

Fixes I've tried my best at doing already:

* Compatibility mode

* Rolling back my drivers (because I did update them since

* Adding my graphics card to the graphicscard file

* Repairing Sims 3

* Factory Resetting Sims 3 (But this is an issue because I've uninstalled and reinstalled it and don't have a Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims 3 folder anymore

* I tried doing that app that completely cleans your PC of all Sims 3 related files

* I even completely factory reset my laptop hoping that would work

Basically I've tried every single thing I could find on any forum and none of it has worked.

My laptop is a Dell G3 3579 with

-Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz

-7.86 usable RAM

-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 ti (Driver version 431.23)

-The game is located at DATA>ORIGIN>SIMS 3 because there was more storage for it there.

I don't have any packs installed because I've uninstalled the game over and over hoping it would work and didn't want to wait for any of them to install and not work. 

Message 26 of 29 (5,173 Views)

★ Novice

This was my problem as well, and it's exactly like the other person. I had my accounts merged and the game got messed up somehow. Thank you for pointing that out!! I've been trying to play for months!!

Message 27 of 29 (5,181 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So, I finally got my game fixed after several support sessions. It was fixed by removing the game and expansions from my library and then giving me a completely new, fresh game. It starts up and everything but there's one more problem. I only get four of the expansions shown in the launcher (Ambitions, Into the Future, Island Paradise, and Supernatural). I have every expansion and a few stuff packs but only these four expansions are displayed and active. 

Message 28 of 29 (5,075 Views)

@Chocoroom1  Is it possible that support messed up the transfer of your packs to your new account?  I know this has been far more difficult than necessary already, and I hope you don't have to go back to them again.  The troubleshooting steps you can take yourself are to repair the game in Origin (right-click on the Sim 3 icon in your game library and select Repair), clear Origin's cache, and if that doesn't work, uninstall Origin "the hard way" and reinstall.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

I guess it's also possible that some of the codes for your packs are new as well, and that the fact that they don't match the registry entries on your computer is preventing them from loading.  As a test, you could manually uninstall one of the missing packs and redownload it.  Here are instructions for removing a registry key (scroll down to "I'm having problems with the game"):

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-3/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3/

If none of this helps though, I don't know what else you can do, other than to go back to support and hope they get it right this time.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 29 of 29 (5,065 Views)