Re: Origin won't launch Sims 3

by Chocoroom1

Original Post

[ Edited ]

@Chocoroom1 

Update your BIOS.

The current one is older as you CPU and important microcode updates in the newest version (F14) need to be implemented.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/H370-HD3-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

Chocoroom1  schrieb:
I click on the Sims 3 rectangle in my library. It says the game is downloaded along with all its other expansions and stuff packs

Does it do that every time you click on TS3 in the library?

@puzzlezaddict  will again take over from this point.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 11 of 29 (5,182 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Holger1405 I updated my BIOS to F14. The thing with it saying the game is downloaded only happened one time.

Message 12 of 29 (5,167 Views)

@Chocoroom1  Please look at the registry entries for Windows Defender's Controlled Folder Access, just to make sure there isn't anything there that shouldn't be.  Hit Windows key-R and enter "regedit" without quotes.  Then expand this path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Windows Defender Exploit Guard\Controlled Folder Access

When highlighting the Controlled Folder Access entry, you should see this:

registry CFA.png

Let me know if yours looks different.

If this isn't the problem, the next step is a clean uninstall of your graphic card driver.  Even after you updated the driver, there's an Nvidia .dll mentioned in your error reports.  So the next step is a clean uninstall of the driver.  First, download Display Driver Uninstaller from here:

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1750

You can download a fresh driver here:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/151275/en-us

Next, take your computer completely offline—disable wifi and/or pull the ethernet cord—and double-click the DDU.exe.  Take note of where the file will land, and click Extract.  If it's easier, you can copy the path and then paste it into the address bar in a File Explorer window.  Open the folder and then Display Driver Uninstaller.exe, and you'll get a message that you're not in Safe Mode.  Click OK, then go to Options and enable Safe Mode dialog.  Here's a screenshot of what your options should look like:

DDU save.png

Close options, and the DDU, and then open the DDU.exe again.  For launch options, choose "Safe Mode (Recommended)," and then click Reboot to Safe Mode (you'll need your password, so find it before rebooting).  Once you login, you'll see this:

DDU GPU.png

Choose GPU in the dropdown menu (step one), then Nvidia (step 2) if it's not already showing.  Then click Clean and Restart (step 3).

Once your computer has rebooted, now back in normal mode, run the driver install .exe in custom mode. Select "perform a clean installation" and install ONLY the GPU driver and the PHYSX software.

Reboot again and see whether you can launch the game.  If not, let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 13 of 29 (5,155 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Still does not work. Nothing was different in the registry, I re-installed my drivers using your method, but it didn't work. I can send a video on what exactly happens if you need me to.

Message 14 of 29 (5,144 Views)

@Chocoroom1  The video isn't necessary; I know exactly what you're describing.

Try doing a clean boot, and make sure to also disable RivaTuner Statistics Server and MSI Afterburner, if you have them.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10

If that doesn't work either, create a new admin account on your computer; make sure to use only letters and numbers, no symbols, in the username.  Try launching TS3 in that account instead.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 15 of 29 (5,134 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict I tried to launch the game from Origin during a clean boot, and it didn't work. Didn't work after too. I also made another admin account named "temp" and I tried to run it. It did not work either.

Message 16 of 29 (5,114 Views)

@Chocoroom1 

Go to your Reliability monitor > Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time and copy and paste or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in the new Window > hit “ENTER” and look if it has entries for the TS3.exe.

If yes double click at the last entry for the game executable, copy the info to the clipboard, and save it to a text file.

Perf.png

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 17 of 29 (5,084 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Holger1405 There is no TS3.exe in the Reliability Monitor.

Message 18 of 29 (5,058 Views)

@Chocoroom1 

Please go to your ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\__Installer" folder and copy the "InstallLog.txt" to the desktop.

Then load up the "InstallLog.txt" from desktop, like you did with the DxDiag.

Message 19 of 29 (5,043 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Holger1405 Here you go.

Message 20 of 29 (5,030 Views)