Origin will open my game but then it just says no need help

by UltimateTurtle4

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin will open my game but then it just says no need help

★★★★★ Newbie

sorry this is gonna be a big one...

so i wanted to download a reshader  and i couldn't find the actual sims 4 game and so then i got mad (it was 2 am and so i wanted to go to bed) and just clicked origin for the reshader and then i was like well i know that is not gonna work so then i just play but then the next day i was determind to fix my problem so then i got rid of the reshaders folder in my origin game files (i found the sims 4 game and did my reshaders but i wanted to remove them from origin cause it had a menu for the shaders and it was stuck there and i could do anything and when i opened sims 4 from the menu part it origin would just stop it cause i know the sims 4 is running fine and origin wont let me start my game) so then i couldn't find anything else wrong with my game files so i deleted origin and reinstalled it and i got everything set up but when i click play sims sims opens in the small icon pops up but then origin pops up and just shuts my game down and when i checked the game files everything was nothing was wrong with them... I NEED HELP  i dont know what to do

Message 1 of 10 (651 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin will open my game but then it just says no need help

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much for your help but i already followed a similar tutorial to that one and it did nothing but what worked for me is checking for any updates in my game like right clicking on the play button and doing the other troubleshooting option when you right click on the play button 

Thank you so much for helping me though

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (406 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@UltimateTurtle4 

Reshader conflicts with other game overlays so either remove it or Disable Origin in game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 10 (600 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thanks for your help but can you say like a step by step of how to do that 

Message 3 of 10 (574 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I tried removing the shaders and it didnt do anything... the same thing happens 

Message 4 of 10 (554 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@UltimateTurtle4 

For reshader you can get help in their forum.

To disable Origin in Game open Origin and hover over your name click Application Setting. Select Origin In Game and disable it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 10 (533 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@jpkarlsen i did that it it didn't to anything and if i time it correctly and click on sims before it shuts down then it says unable to start windows is gonna close this program

so... anyother ideas
Message 6 of 10 (531 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

now orgin wont even start 

WHAT IS HAPPENING 

Message 7 of 10 (490 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

ok i got origin to start by clicking run as adminstarter 

Message 8 of 10 (467 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@UltimateTurtle4 

I suggest you get instructions on how to remove Reshader properly.

Edit: Found something.

https://reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/4398-howto-uninstall-reshade

Message 9 of 10 (435 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much for your help but i already followed a similar tutorial to that one and it did nothing but what worked for me is checking for any updates in my game like right clicking on the play button and doing the other troubleshooting option when you right click on the play button 

Thank you so much for helping me though

Message 10 of 10 (407 Views)