Re: Origin will NOT download on my pc. I've plenty of memory. I've recent windows.

by patscatfreckles

Original Post

Origin will NOT download on my pc. I've plenty of memory. I've recent windows.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

"Origin" will not download to my computer!  I just purchased "Sims 3 Deluxe" and tried to download it.  It told me I had to have "Origin" to download the game, but "Origin" will NOT download, so I can't get to my game ($59.??).

I have plenty of memory.  I have a recent windows.

I have been waiting on live chat for 2 hours with this question and no one responds.

Please fix.

Thank you,

Patricia Laster

Message 1 of 9 (358 Views)

Re: Origin will NOT download on my pc. I've plenty of memory. I've recent windows.

Hero

What error do you get on downloading Origin ? What happens specifically ?

Please remove your email address for your own security. This is a public forum.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (354 Views)

★★★★ Novice

When I tab the Origin download key for pc, a message at the bottom of my computer asks if I want to "save" or "cancel"

I tab "save"

Then I get the message:   "OriginThinSetup_exe(13) couldn't be downloaded."

Message 3 of 9 (351 Views)

Hero

Try this link: http://www.dm.origin.com/download to see if that downloads for you.

The (13) is an indication that you have quite a few failed ones already on your computer though. Try searching for OriginThinSetup_exe and delete all the files you have.

Make sure no antivirus or firewall is blocking the connection to Origin.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (347 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Wow, this is really frustrating!  Sorry.  Yes, I've tried repeatedly to download it and am looking at a message right now that says:

OriginThinSetup_exe (14) couldn't be downloaded (trying not to use nasty exclamation words here.....Confusedmileyfrustrated:

I clicked your link and still got the same message.

I've only whatever firewalls come on my computer or were put up by AVG free edition...don't know how to take them down.

Message 5 of 9 (345 Views)

★★★★ Novice

okay, sorry about that. of course - the search is obvious - in my frustration I just didn't see it. I ran it and deleted all previous efforts to download origin setup, but the link still doesn't work.

Message 6 of 9 (344 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Went back to your link.  Tried again. failed againConfusedmileysad:

Message 7 of 9 (343 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Is there any way I can download my game (Sims 3 Deluxe) without going through origin ?????

Message 8 of 9 (342 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay...I got on live chat, but he didn't stay with me. Nothing accomplished.  So please do not charge me for the Sims 3 Deluxe game as I'll not be using it.

Thanks, anyway.

Pat

Message 9 of 9 (340 Views)