Origin/the sims 3 Error 12/13

by BGH22

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin/the sims 3 Error 12/13

★★★ Pro

It is my belief Origin /Sims 3 launcher is causing save problems and game crasing problems.

I am running the game on widows 8, quad core, 8GB RAM, 750GB memory. Game is updated to 1.67 and comperter is fully updated.  Had no problems running this game for a while. Have several EP's installed. As my saves got larger I started getting error 12 and 13 and game started crashing.  At this time I had the old version of origin. I was able to bypass the launcher and origin  and run the game under admin. My saves were so much quicker and clean when I bypassed Origin and the launcher. No svaes that took forever, No error 12 or 13. There is no reason error 12 and 13 should exist. I have more than enough memory to run this game. It is my belief error 12 and 13 are caused by Origin and the launcher since they have such high disk usage and causing memory problems!

Someone then advised me I should update from windows 8 to 8.1, Big mistake. Long story short windows 8 and windows 8.1 are not compatable with each other. Windows 8.1 is not an update but a diffrent opperating system than windows 8.  Windows 8.1 leaves no restore points and you have to contact microsoft to get a disk to do a full system restore back to windows 8. Microsoft explained to me they used certian video cards to work with windows 8 that will not work with windows 8.1 and visa versa.

I just did a full system restore, started doing a clean insatall of the sims 3 and now I have the new version of Origin. I can no longer run the game under admin or bypass the launcher and origin to playthis game. EA you need to bring back the old version of origin since it appears to me your launcher and origin might be causing memory and save problems!!

Message 1 of 97 (6,973 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin/the sims 3 Error 12/13

Hero

I tried and have no issues bypassing Origin and the launcher with the old version. I downloaded the old version with the old serial code and it work. It won't work with he new version but that has nothing to do with the version of Origin but only with the Sims 3 base game you're using.

Did you do a clean reinstall (cleaning out the registery) when you switch from new to old ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 31 of 97 (4,896 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Pro

also left out that the new 1.67 update had also corruped my launcer to where some options would not work at start up but options did work in game. I did report this to EA and why I started bypassing the launcher and origin to start the game. This is when I noticed how much better the game ran bypassing the launcher and origin. We only need origin and the launcher to upload and download so why all of a sudden do these two need to run all the time?

Message 2 of 97 (6,938 Views)

Hero

Do you have the disc or download version and when did you buy the base game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 97 (6,926 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I have the download version.  This new game was installed in august 2013, The games that were getting the error 12/13 was in Island Paradise and this was after a few months of playing. I moved my sims out of Island paradise to roaring heights game was playing fine until I did the 1.67 up date and started getting error 12 and the launcher stopped working properly. This is when I decided to run the game under admin, bypassed the launcher and my saves were clean and quick. No problems. No more noices that my launcher was high disc usage. No error 12

Now I have that game saved on a flash drive while I did a full system restore to get windows 8 back. I am currently doing a clean install , have not added old saved game as of yet and I can not download Island paradise without a code. I can not get in touch with EA  chat keeps disconnecting and no option to have them call me.  I also can no longer run the game under admin because of the new version of origin or can I bypass the launcher.

Message 4 of 97 (6,922 Views)

Hero (Retired)

if the island paradise game icon is on your origin account you can find the code there  to find the game code log into your origin account right click the game icon-view game details your code should be there or on the i

Message 5 of 97 (6,919 Views)

★★★ Pro

Thats right I forgot thank you will try and see if that works but it still does not solve the launcher origin high disk usage problem and error code 12 save which is a memory issue that I should not be getting.. I also havent even tried to start the new game yet.

Message 6 of 97 (6,917 Views)

★★★ Pro

Now Im getting a notice that I cant shut down my computer because origin is running. I cant close origin. when I click on the origin icon it wont open. This has happened more than once. Must clear all cookies and restart computer every time.

Message 7 of 97 (6,913 Views)

Hero (Retired)

task manager out of it ? and you can in IE set it to clear the history once the browser is closed down

Message 8 of 97 (6,911 Views)

★★★ Pro

I have origin set not to run at start up because of high disc usage. I just restarted my computer and it cleared origin. I so far got Island Paradise in the game. I got as far as the launcher and options for sims age does not work. This is on a clean install. This was a problem on my old game too. I think the cause of this is the 1.67 update.  People should be able to bypass the launcher and orgin to play this game to stop the high disk usage but this option is no longer available. Running the game as admin is also not an option  Origin has taken controll of the game

Message 9 of 97 (6,908 Views)

Hero (Retired)

well if the base game I believe  was bought in 2011 then the launcher can be bypassed if the base game is later than 2011 then the launcher cannot be bypassed  this is really is a  puzzler and I am hoping you get  a solution

Message 10 of 97 (6,902 Views)