Origin setup fail

by Valend1na

Original Post

Origin setup fail

★★★ Newbie

as many times I've done it, it wont let me install and run the orgin setup programm, I already bought sims4 and I can't even download it. please help

Message 1 of 4 (309 Views)

Re: Origin setup fail

@Valend1na  Please describe what happens when you try to install Origin.  Please also post a screenshot of any error message you see.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (303 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I'm in the ea site, it tells me to download the origin for pc, I click to download, as soon as I click to run and install the programa, an error Windows shows up twice and says "the code execution cannor proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the programa may fix the problem." I did it at least 10 times and again this massage appears but with a different code each time.

It wont let me add a photo to this reply, it says it's too large. 

Thank you for helping me

Message 3 of 4 (244 Views)

@Valend1na  That's fine about the photo—I know what that particular error message looks like.  That particular .dll file is part of the 2015 VC++ runtimes.  It's best to uninstall your current copies, if you have any, and then download new ones from Microsoft.  Hit Windows key-i, select Apps, scroll down to Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, click on both the x86 and x64 entries (if you have them), and select Uninstall.

You can download new copies here.  Be sure to install both the x86 and x64 versions.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (217 Views)