Re: Origin says the packs are installed, but they don't show up in game.

by gemjasmine

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin says the packs are installed, but they don't show up in game.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have all of the Sims 3 expansions, yet three of them are missing from the launcher and my game. Origin says they're installed, but the game is not recognizing them. So far, I've tried:

• repairing the game through Origin
  • deleting Origin cache
  • deleting the pack folders where the Sims 3 was installed, then re-installing the packs
  • uninstalling and re-installing Origin
  • uninstalling and re-installing the missing packs entirely, then deleting Origin cache
  • uninstalling and re-installing the Sims 3 entirely, then deleting Origin cache
  • made sure I was an Administrator (I am)
  • made sure my antivirus accepted Origin (it does)
  • made sure Origin was up to date (it is)

I also have a brand new gaming computer, so my graphics aren't an issue 

Nothing seems to work. Again, Origin says the packs are installed and I remember playing them all years ago, so I'm not sure why these specific packs are disabled now.

Message 1 of 9 (806 Views)

Accepted Solution

@gemjasmine  Since you've already taken all the other usual troubleshooting steps, the only thing left to do is to contact EA customer support to find out if the codes for your missing packs have been deactivated.  This can happen if you received bad codes, like if you bought the packs from unauthorized third-party vendors.  (It can also occasionally happen by mistake.)  But the only way to find out is to have a support rep look at your codes.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (801 Views)

All Replies

@gemjasmine  Since you've already taken all the other usual troubleshooting steps, the only thing left to do is to contact EA customer support to find out if the codes for your missing packs have been deactivated.  This can happen if you received bad codes, like if you bought the packs from unauthorized third-party vendors.  (It can also occasionally happen by mistake.)  But the only way to find out is to have a support rep look at your codes.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 2 of 9 (802 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict Do you know if EA is down or something? I've been trying to get in contact with them since yesterday, but I don't have a live chat option, only a call option, which I can't use due to my disability. I used the live chat option to ask for help a few days ago, but now it's suddenly not there.

Message 3 of 9 (763 Views)

@gemjasmine  Support was down earlier this week, but it should be fully operational right now.  It's possible though that the combination of categories you're picking directs straight to phone calls, rather than live chat.  Try picking a slightly different combination.  You can also try setting the location in your browser window (in the upper right corner of the support page) to U.S. or U.K., if you haven't already.

Message 4 of 9 (724 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict Well, I finally found a combination that gave me the live chat option only to be told by EA that they don't deactivate codes. I copied and pasted what you said, but they said they couldn't help with the issue. Are you sure about bad codes being a possible issue? Because I was also told that codes have nothing to do with the game, since it's already on the account. Could there be something else that the EA-rep missed that you know of, lol? I'm kind of desperate.

The EA-rep said it didn't matter, but the missing packs were all bought digitally. Meaning, unlike the others, I don't have physical copies of them. I don't think that's coincidental, so I'm just putting that out there even though they said it didn't matter.

Message 5 of 9 (712 Views)

@gemjasmine  I have no idea what the support rep was talking about.  EA has been deactivating codes for over two years now, after an initial flurry in May 2017.  And many if not most of the affected codes were bought digitally from unauthorized third-party sources, although some disc codes, and even some Origin-bought codes, have been caught up in the mix.

I will ask if there's something else you should be saying or doing, although it might be a couple of days before you get a reply, given how many people aren't around right now.  But you shouldn't need to jump through so many hoops just to have someone check on the status of your codes.

Message 6 of 9 (678 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Lol, so far I've talked to five different people about this. None of them seem to know what's wrong. All of them keep insisting that I have the games and the codes that I used however many years ago don't matter. I'm just going to be a pest and keep bothering them, but I'm still hoping someone stumbles upon this thread with a solution that I haven't tried yet. Because we can now add these steps to the list of things I've tried

• uninstalled Origin using an uninstaller called Revo, which deleted the leftover Origin registry files and folders that a regular uninstall didn't delete, and then reinstalled it (this actually gave me University Life, but not the others)
  • did a clean boot of my PC by disabling a bunch of programs
Message 7 of 9 (655 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The last, in my opinion, thing you can do is to make a backup and delete the C:\Users\%Username%\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder. I did and it helped me in getting my all Sims 3 Store accessories back and working. I hope that will help you as well. I had an issue with not being able to see the Sim Store content in game, although it was seen as installed by the launcher and the game.

Message 8 of 9 (609 Views)

★ Apprentice

After four more attempts, I FINALLY got support. They just gave me new codes and that worked.

Message 9 of 9 (585 Views)