Origin says I'm not connected to the internet but clearly I am. Help?

by helmelat

Original Post

Re: Origin says I'm not connected to the internet but clearly I am. Help?

★★★★ Novice

Hi.

I was experiencing this issue for years, three or four times I guess, practically since SW 2015 was released. I tried everything and only reinstalling Windows was the solution, but now, after an "origin update" using a totally new rig, ISP, router, etc; happened again. Origin connects, I am online, but no game from my library is capable to connect. I didn't wanted to face all this issues again, less to ask support to Origin, so I leave it and started to play games only from Steam, Uplay, Epic, etc. Even I bought SW SQUADRONS from steam.

But wait; here comes the unthinkable... I was testing the way my Microsoft One Drive account works when no network devices exists, so I uninstalled It from Device Manager. Then I reinstalled It again, of course after finishing the tests. It is funny, but just by pure luck I opened Origin and started SW Battlefront. It loaded very fast, everything was normal and working properly, with fonts text and all data. Immediately I went to my old computer, only to verify that there may be the solution I tried there and the issue was the same, no fonts no connection, slow loading. I uninstalled and reinstalled the network devices in my old rig, as I did before in my current rig. And there I was, all my games working fine in all the devices.

I hope this could help to somebody else, not only in SW Battlefront, but in any other Origin game.

Message 31 of 37 (1,105 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem. When I run Origin as part of the setup, it downloads an update file, so it is clearly connected to the Internet. But when I run the updater, it says no Internet connection, and suggests I click on a link to download the file. (If it thinks I have no Internet, I'm not sure why it thinks I can do that!) When I do that, that file gives the same error when run.
I have set compatibility for the Origin program, the Origin client service and the UpdateTool to Win 8, turned off Full Screen optimizations, given admin access, and allowed all through the firewall (BitDefender).
Then, when I click on the links you suggested for fixes, I get an "Invalid parameter" error. When I click on the links on that page to log in to EA (although I am already logged in...) none of them work. Nothing happens when I click on them
I am just trying to load SIMS 4 from a DVD.
This is very frustrating - I have never had such a complex way to load a DVD program. It seems like very slipshod programming.
Any suggestions welcome

Message 32 of 37 (914 Views)

@bdienes  The version of Origin on the Sims 4 DVD is likely so outdated that it can't even update itself properly.  It's best to download a fresh copy of Origin and install it.  First, please use these guides to clearing Origin's cache and uninstalling it "the hard way" to remove all related files from your computer:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

Restart your computer, download the fulll Origin installer, and run it as an admin: right-click on the download and select "Run as administrator."  This is a direct download link:

http://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

When you're installing Sims 4, unless you have an extremly slow internet connection, it's more efficient to download the game directly from Origin.  That way, you'll get the fully updated version rather than installing from DVD and waiting for Origin to patch.  You can register the product code in the DVD box within your Origin account (open your game library and click + Add a Game), and it will appear in your account as if you'd bought directly from Origin, with no need to use the DVD to install or play.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 33 of 37 (904 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Update.

Unfortunately It was only a coincidence. I am at this moment - right now experiencing the same issue. Origin Connected, but video games can't connect to EA servers. May be it is becouse of my region. And please Origin. don´t come with the reset router, change your ISP, move to USA, flushdns, or firewall, etc.

The main reason I don't buy any game in Origin anymore, is because I can't play when I want to play. In my own experience this is the worst service I ever knew.

Message 34 of 37 (840 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Were is the control panel located
Message 35 of 37 (784 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It doesn’t work for me - it’s already installed via Steam. Had to recover ancient EA account. Had to reboot twice before Origin would even launch. Origin only offers a download button. I had to manually change the path to the games folder. Click on download & it says not connected to internet (I am). I already tried making it an exception to the firewall & turning off antivirus. I haven’t had an experience this frustrating with a new game for at least ten years, and it’s a single player game, why the heck is this so hard?!

Message 36 of 37 (473 Views)

★★★ Newbie

if mine does it i have a VPN installed and some times it helps  to turn it on once you get the login page turn it off

or it wont let u login its like a kick starter for origin to start hope it helps x

Message 37 of 37 (190 Views)