Origin says I'm not connected to the internet but clearly I am. Help?

by helmelat

Original Post

Re: Origin says I'm not connected to the internet but clearly I am. Help?

Hero (Retired)

@KateS1971 - Do you have a USB thumb drive or an SD card in a card reader? Try removing any / all of those from your computer and see if you can log into Origin after that. 

Message 21 of 37 (2,814 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@s_stutler THANKS MAN!! IT WORKS!!! This * finally works.............

Message 22 of 37 (2,778 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

ou couldve added a link to the file

Message 23 of 37 (2,737 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@DOA_DISCIPLE - There is an open thread in Origin help forum. Please check this thread for some suggested workarounds: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Origin-online-login-is-currently-unavailable-a...

Message 24 of 37 (2,696 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Yes I did
Still not working
Message 25 of 37 (2,636 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@FMKAYY   Please read the whole thread and state which of the tips given in it you have tried; or make your own thread and describe your problem. You can also post in The AHQ section for Origin:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/bd-p/origin-technical-issues-en

Message 26 of 37 (2,615 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@s_stutler Thank you for your suggestion. This worked for me. Only I tried to find my Sims 4 files on my computer and they are nowhere to be found. Where did EA take them away to? I can still play but I have no idea where the file for the game went. I see my Sim 3 folder under Electronic Arts but they have us hostages under Origin apparently. Anyway, as long as I keep my Origin's "Automatic Update" button unchcecked it won't screw up again? Just wondering.
Message 27 of 37 (2,332 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Its not the updating game part thats affecting this because my game is updated. I was just playing sims 4 last night and suddenly i cant connect online on the game but my pc is connected.

Message 28 of 37 (2,012 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there,

I have the same problem with the uplay not conecting and the Epic App not conecting, in total about three games i thought i had lost. I have tried all the ideas that had been suggested and nothing worked. But i read youre advice you gave to someone on this thread and it all now works and i have my games. I thankyou so much for that. Standard smile

Message 29 of 37 (1,902 Views)

★★ Novice

This fix probably only applies to people that have a brand new install of Windows (Windows 7 Ultimate) but hopefully will help. I've been trying to find a fix for days now...

The short version is: try Activating Windows, mine wasn't activated and it's working now.

My origin couldn't connect to the internet and I tried everything:

reinstall,

install different versions,

install from origin site,

install from original dvd,

add Origin to firewall whitelist,

turn off firewall completely,

reinstalled windows 7 completely (I'm on an iMac and only use Windows for gaming in Bootcamp)

etc etc

I was able to get Origin to the username and password login stage but when I sumbitted it immeditely gave the rror, and way too quick to be going out the internet and back.

All my internet connection etc seemed to be working ok, no problems with access but I could see that Origin wasn't connecting to the internet at all as the error messages were way too quick.

Then i realised that I hadn't yet 'Activated Windows'. So in Control Panel > System and Security > System go to the Windows activation section at the bottom and activate.
Once I did this then Origin application installed and updated with no problems.

By the way, my version of Windows is Windows 7 Ultimate and it's a legit version (not cracked).

Can't wait to get back to good old BF3 on my 11 year old iMac Core 2 Duo Standard smile

Good luck and hope this saves someone else the hassle I went through.

P.S. I've already posted this fix on a error code7049 question earlier because that was also a symptom of this same issue.

Message 30 of 37 (1,765 Views)