Origin says I am connected to internet, but then says I am not.

by corastew99

Original Post

Origin says I am connected to internet, but then says I am not.

★★★ Newbie

I am connected to the internet and Origin says that I am connected to the internet. But, when I try to open The Sims 4, it gives me the Error- We've noticed your computer is currently offline. To activate your game on this computer using your EA account, you'll need to connect to the internet. 

I have tried so many things and nothing fixes it. I have tried using a different connection, updating windows, resetting my password, allowing it through my firewall, disabling my firewall, uninstalling and reinstalling both The Sims 4 and Origin, disabling proxy connections, and launching both Origin and The Sims 4 as administrator. 

Nothing I do seems to work and I could really use and would really appreciate y'alls help.

Thank you for reading and I hope someone is able to help me figure out what's wrong. Standard smile

Message 1 of 2 (165 Views)

Re: Origin says I am connected to internet, but then says I am not.

@corastew99  Please try a new admin account on your computer.  The username should contain only letters and/or numbers, no special characters, accents, etc.  In the new account, try running both Origin and Sims 4 as an admin.

By the way, when you used a different connection, what did you try?  For example, if you used your phone as a mobile hotspot, but the phone was using your home wifi, you'd probably get the same result.  Even if the phone was on data at the time, if its carrier is also the company that provides your home internet, it's possible that both would be blocked.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (117 Views)