Origin says I am Online, Sims 4 Game says I am offline.

by MediGirl1987

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin says I am Online, Sims 4 Game says I am offline.

★★ Novice

When I am on my origin account, I sign in and click the online button. Nothing happens, it appears to me that I am online. When I go to play the Sims 4 game, it says I am not online. So I click to go online, and it says it can't connect and to try again. So I exit Sims 4 and go on Origin and click to go offine, where it then tells me I am offline. I click to go back online and again....nothing happens. When I look at my profile, it says I am offline (so how am I able to go offline?) and my friends list is always loading, which tells me I am offline.

How can I fix this? Clearly I am not online but Origin says I am.

Message 1 of 14 (34,318 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin says I am Online, Sims 4 Game says I am offline.

Hero

Make sure your firewall and Antivirus are not blocking the connection

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (38,244 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Make sure your firewall and Antivirus are not blocking the connection

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (38,245 Views)

★★★ Novice

This happens to me too. I tend to, when I start the game, look at the bottom of the welcome screen and if it says offline, I click it. It then has the choice to enable online mode. Or, you can click the gallery to be given the same option.

Message 3 of 14 (34,165 Views)

★★ Expert

@MediGirl1987 

Have you been able to resolve your issue?

Message 4 of 14 (34,154 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Where do you see the "go online" button?
Message 5 of 14 (34,125 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What I did to fix this was I exited my game and logged out of and exited origin.   I then loaded Origin, and signed in.  I then went to game library and started the game from there... and I was then online in the gallery.

Message 6 of 14 (34,076 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having this same basic problem.  I am on line and can access origin in game to prove it but accessing the gallery I am told I am off line and must go on line to access.  When saying yes I wish to go online it then says no internet connection detected.  Seriously?  I am online right now and can write this letter access origin ect ect ect.  Please help!  I have seen that some have this problem off and on with no fix but mine is constant now.  It has never recognized on line since the point it decided I did not have an internet connection.  I have tried several different options people have mentioned but either those were already in play or they did not work.  Just in case this is not clear the gallery worked for several months and has now been not working for awhile.  Also I am online through origin and the game except when I try to access the gallery.  thank you for your help

Message 7 of 14 (28,592 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having this same problem, are there any solutions found yet?

Message 8 of 14 (25,134 Views)

Hero

Did you check the security software ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 14 (25,114 Views)

★ Novice

that helped, thank you. that's weird the firewall and antiviruses are in the way.

Message 10 of 14 (24,308 Views)