Origin on windows 10 pc keeps closing down

by SirPoet73

Original Post

Origin on windows 10 pc keeps closing down

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

yea, i have the same issue. I bought the video card that would be compatible with the game and updated the drivers. i asked the ea.com team before I upgraded to windows 10 and asked them would it work and they assured me it would. i use to have windows 7 and the game worked fine. lucky i have a laptop that still has windows 7. but, I would like to play the game on my windows 10 because I have a bigger monitor. 

Message 1 of 9 (789 Views)

Re: qrigin on windows 10 pc keeps closeing down why

@SirPoet73  Please run a dxdiag on your Windows 10 computer, and attach it to a post here (use the Browse button).

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

TS3 does run just fine on Windows 10, although a few adjustments are often necessary.  But the first thing is to see what hardware you're working with, to eliminate that as the source of the issue.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 9 (787 Views)

Re: qrigin on windows 10 pc keeps closeing down why

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I sent you the DxDiag and the msinfo32

Message 3 of 9 (779 Views)

Re: Origin on windows 10 pc keeps closing down

[ Edited ]

@SirPoet73  I moved your posts to their own thread, since the master help thread doesn't really cover your issue. Now that I see which comment you've replied to, I think the first (and easiest) thing to do is to check your antivirus/firewall to see if it's blocking Origin or TS3.  Quite a few tools don't get along with EA products.  You can set exceptions for both Origin and TS3, or you can just put Origin in offline mode and then take your computer completely offline before launching the game.

If you're having a different issue, please describe it more fully.  Please also list the packs you have installed.  Your graphics card, while fine for the base game and some early packs, would probably have trouble running the most demanding EPs on anything more than low settings.

P.S.  You might want to remove the msinfo attachment from your post—it contains some identifying information about your computer, unlike a dxdiag.

Message 4 of 9 (771 Views)

★★★ Novice

First off. how do i remove the attachment. Second i turned off anti-virus software, and did put game off line. (even orgin) still same thing. i even just put the base game. i mean the load screen runs fine but when i get into the game it disappears. I even installed it using my disk. (instead of downloading it from orgin.

Message 5 of 9 (763 Views)

[ Edited ]

@SirPoet73  You should be able to delete an attachment when you edit your post—click the three dots in the upper right corner of the the post itself—but I just did it for you, since I don't know when you'll be around.

The next easiest problem to solve would be if you don't have .NET framework 3.5, or some version close to it, activated.  It's installed with Windows 10, but it's not always enabled by default.  Here are instructions on how to enable it, and how to install it if you can't find it:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/install/dotnet-35-windows-10

However, there are also some MSVCR80.dll errors in your dxdiag.  It's part of a C++ runtime library, and a corrupted file can crash your game.  It's also an older file, but then again, TS3 is old as well.  If it is in fact corrupted, you should first uninstall the old version; you can find it by hitting Windows key-i and selecting Applications.  (I'm not in front of a Windows system right now, so sorry I can't give more specific instructions.)

Then download a clean version from Microsoft, and install it.  I know it says it's compatible with Windows 7 and earlier, but it works with Windows 10 as well.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26347

Message 6 of 9 (750 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

ok i deleted that file. and i selected vcedist_x86.exe

downloaded vcredist_IA64.exe  <---- this one isn't compatible with my system

downloaded vcredist_x64.exe

I am going to install them

Message 7 of 9 (744 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SirPoet73   What is the output spec of your power supply? For your power supply you should have a 400W (or more) power supply.

Message 8 of 9 (727 Views)

★★★ Novice

well, a tech gave me a detailed list to follow and there steps corrected the problem. i mean i only had the base game,late night stuff, and high end and it works. I mean i haven't had a chance to try my other exp packs yet. but, I am sure the sims 3 will work now. I will let you know

Message 9 of 9 (722 Views)