Re: Origin not running - Sims 4 error

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin not running - Sims 4 error

★★★ Newbie

i got this error:

"Unable to start: Origin is currently not running. Please make sure origin is running before attempting to play the sims 4. [d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000] "

how to fix this?

(windows 8.1 64bit) 

tried t re-install the sims and origin.

does that has crack or something that i can download? 

Message 1 of 9 (7,379 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA app Team
Hi,

Downloading the game through non official sources is obviously something not allowed to discuss on Answers HQ:
"Talking about illegal activities. This includes software piracy, "hacks", "torrents", game "cracks", and more."

Please, check our rules here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Answers-HQ-Announcements/New-EA-Forum-Rules-amp-Guidelines/td-p/6075534

For this reason, this thread is now closed.

-Mai

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (8,450 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Cracks are illegal and talking about them in an official EA forum can get you into big trouble .. just sayin'

Can you check if TCP Port 3216 is open: https://help.ea.com/en/article/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (7,358 Views)

Hero (Retired)

What drive is Origin installed to? It seems the game may be loosing track of Origin after a pack is installed. If this is the case uninstall Origin and install Origin to the default system drive.

Message 3 of 9 (7,344 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I'm having the same issue too. And it's been 2 months already that I haven't been on my Sims 4.
Message 4 of 9 (6,854 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@amycallie123

Do you get the exact same message and error code?  What windows are you on?
Also, did you try the tips above? Standard smile

Message 5 of 9 (6,847 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Well my windows might be [ windows 7 or 8 ]. I download my Sims 4 complete DLC from this website name [ [Removed by EA_Mai] website ]. And it's from [removed by EA_Mai].

Message 6 of 9 (6,809 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Same thing for me as well. I got the same message as you. I feel like to sue Origin for putting these Sims 4 games on their website.
Message 7 of 9 (6,826 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@amycallie123

The Sims games and Origin are working fine for most people, the problem is usually with the computer, maybe a program that interfers with Origin has been used at the same time and now something is acting up, suing EA will probably not help with anything...

This worked for other people with the same error code, can you please try it? Standard smile

Message 8 of 9 (6,822 Views)

EA app Team
Hi,

Downloading the game through non official sources is obviously something not allowed to discuss on Answers HQ:
"Talking about illegal activities. This includes software piracy, "hacks", "torrents", game "cracks", and more."

Please, check our rules here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Answers-HQ-Announcements/New-EA-Forum-Rules-amp-Guidelines/td-p/6075534

For this reason, this thread is now closed.

-Mai
Message 9 of 9 (8,451 Views)